Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,689,105 times

Advertisements

Hm.. I honestly don't believe their stories. It would either be a cruel joke by an employee(s) or accident. Either way it doesn't make sense given 2 different incidents 25 miles apart.

When I was younger my mom and I ate their for lunch one time and found a dead fly in our fries.. It was pieces but could clearly see the wings and legs ect. Pretty disgusting.. We took it up and showed them. They shrugged and said "yea probably just flew into the fryer". All we got was a new order of fries..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2016, 09:55 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Reminds me of a rumor that spread around many years ago about how McDonald's burger meat was made from ground worms. IIRC a McDonald's spokesperson said it was NOT true, that worms were too expensive to use for their burgers.
I remember that from back in the 1970s, they made a joke about it on weekend update on SNL, saying that was why a McDonald's hamburger squirms off in two different directions when you cut it in half.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:01 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Extra protein.

Some folks will b***h about anything!

Old 08-27-2016, 11:34 PM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree, I think it's totally made up. McDonalds has one of the more strict codes and are very disciplined for a fast food restaurant. I don't believe this worm story at all.

I find it hard to believe as well. The only worms that would be in meat are maggots. If the meat was cooked in any way maggots could not survive. I just don't see this story being true, lots of stories about fast food go around and hardly any of it is provable. People should worry more about the fast food workers washing their hands after they defecate. This is far more of a threat to health in any restaurant than the idea that maggots could get in the meat.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:09 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
$10 gift card, HA!! Something doesn't seem right though. With how little information so far, I think the two are in on it together.
Yup, this is what I was going to say.

I remember when I worked at McDonalds we had a guy come in saying he found a fingernail in his food. We told him to bring it back in, we would take care of it. On the phone he was going to sue us, etc. It was later at night, so I was the only manager on duty and I was the one who personally MADE his food. While wearing gloves. The finger nail was a perfectly clipped MENS dirty thumb nail. Clearly not mine Once he realized how serious we were taking it (photos, writing up a statement), he suddenly just wanted a new sandwich and "it wasn't a big deal".

It happens a lot actually. Accidents do happen (a stray hair), but people will try anything to get stuff for free.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:02 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I don't even eat at McDonald's, and I'm not opening that link.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:04 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I find it hard to believe as well. The only worms that would be in meat are maggots. If the meat was cooked in any way maggots could not survive. I just don't see this story being true, lots of stories about fast food go around and hardly any of it is provable. People should worry more about the fast food workers washing their hands after they defecate. This is far more of a threat to health in any restaurant than the idea that maggots could get in the meat.
yep, or the employee who should be calling in sick, but doesn't think its a big deal.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times
There are so many lazy, sleazy, good for nothing people these days trying to get something for nothing that it would not surprise me if most claims like this were planed and perpetrated by those claiming injury. "Hey, look, I found some meal worms in our pantry, lets take them to MacD's and claim we found them in our burger! We could get rich!" ......

Old 08-28-2016, 09:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There are so many lazy, sleazy, good for nothing people these days trying to get something for nothing that it would not surprise me if most claims like this were planed and perpetrated by those claiming injury. "Hey, look, I found some meal worms in our pantry, lets take them to MacD's and claim we found them in our burger! We could get rich!" ......

Very true.

In addition, what are the damages to the complainant?

Seriously, c'mon....The worms couldn't have eaten that much.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:17 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,364,292 times
I don't know what's worse... the idea that worms could be in a fast food burger, or the possibility that worms might eat pink slime. Ewwww.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events