Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:49 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times

Advertisements

That lady is crazier than a sackful of rabid weasels!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 10:42 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Most of the (ahem) people in BLM need to be on medication and institutionalized....

Old 08-28-2016, 10:59 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I wouldn't be shocked if most in the "movement" would call what the man said sexual harassment, too. That's even crazier.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Well, I guess it could have been worse. When asked for his name, he could have said " Hugh Jerection " or " Ben Dover "

She really would have lost her mind then.

Sometimes I think we should aerolsolize Xanax. You could use it like a pepper spray in this case ( only a much kinder version ) and I've worked in some offices where it should have been pumped through the AC system.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:49 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
After accusing him of sexual harassment (obvious slander) she proceed to verbally assault him (clear - but possibly legal) and continues to falsely accuse him.

He is clearly being victimized by her on-camera. I suppose he could have responded to her tirade with is own name-calling but he did what most of us would do in that situation - beat a hasty retreat.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:25 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Can you imagine the mess she would make at any place she was employed. Get ready to be sued.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:34 AM

4,056 posts, read 2,135,556 times
I don't think she is certifiably crazy. It's just that her identity/claim to fame/livelihood is "social justice." And although the world IS full of social injustice, it's not happening 24/7 in her immediate vicinity, so she is compelled to create it. I thought it was a riot that she just accuses the guy of sexual harassment. She never once explained what the sexual harassment was. The police were just supposed to arrest him because a woman cried sexual harassment? And from what I can see, many forms of sexual harassment aren't even a crime! On the one hand, she is totally against police---but on the other, she complains that she doesn't live in a police state where any accusations immediately land the other person in jail.

I looked at her FB page. She definitely seems to make her living through contributions to a social justice organization. She complained (and made a scene) at a bank when she learned her account was closed because it had been inactive and the fees ate up her balance. Never mind that she agreed to these terms when she opened the account; she claimed she didn't know the terms (yeah, possibly she forgot or maybe she never read the fine print, but the onus is on her). She says she would have been treated differently had she been white (she was born in India, so identifies---and rightly so---as a woman of color).

She posted about the Chinese restaurant incident in Washington where the owners told cops that they weren't welcome because supposedly a customer complained. She's upset with the cops because they thanked people for their support when this went viral---she says the cops were thus urging people to boycott/retaliate against the restaurant. So now cops aren't allowed to thank people for their support? Freedom of speech doesn't work both ways?

She also posted an incident in India where a woman was raped and then raped again when the assailants weren't put in prison. Okay---she's totally against the legal/law enforcement system----so then why is she so upset about people behaving as a small percentage will? She doesn't want police intervention, does she? They can't be trusted, according to her! And all her posts indicate that people of color are the only ones with integrity. How does that play out in India where all the people are of color, but crimes still occur?

I tried to read about this in the liberal press, which I mostly read, but they don't want to publicize this whack job, so I had to read about in the conservative press. Reading both sides is the only way to get as close to the truth as possible.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:56 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
Lets get this straight, the man asked her if she wanted his name. She said yes, she did and "what is your name". He made a joke about his penis and even gestured to his genitals.

This woman is a bit of a nut case. Well I would say more then a bit. She is looking for conflict. But it isn't like she was reacting to nothing at all. As obnoxious as she was, a man making a joke about his genitals and gesturing to them isn't appropriate.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,204 times
Pretty absurd. But I read something even more absurd in the news one time. It was about a high school PE coach who got someone in his class, to give his phone number to a single woman he was interested in. She claimed it was sexual harassment. Since when is giving out a phone number to another single adult termed as sexual harassment? Although it was unprofessional of him in his capacity as a high school coach to be asking one of his students to pass on the phone number, it wasn't sexual harassment. Some women will scream about anything.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:52 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
This woman has zero self awareness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events