Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:04 AM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times

Advertisements

One day someone will call 911 for EMS to come to her house. They will be faced with a near impossible task, to save her life.

If they can keep her alive, they will need the fire department to cut out walls of her residence so she can be moved and will fit out the exit. Then there is the issue she will not fit on the stretcher, even one made for bariatric patients. Maybe they can get her on a sheet of 3/4 plywood, if they can find one and modify it with hand holds. Maybe the improvised stretcher will fit in the ambulance, maybe she will have to be placed in the bed of someones pick up truck. Then, depending, she will have to be transported to a hospital that specializes in cases like hers, more than likely, she will just go to the morgue which presents its own problems.

People like this put a burden on the system in more ways than one and most likely, the tax payer will foot the bill.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:31 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
One day someone will call 911 for EMS to come to her house. They will be faced with a near impossible task, to save her life.

If they can keep her alive, they will need the fire department to cut out walls of her residence so she can be moved and will fit out the exit. Then there is the issue she will not fit on the stretcher, even one made for bariatric patients. Maybe they can get her on a sheet of 3/4 plywood, if they can find one and modify it with hand holds. Maybe the improvised stretcher will fit in the ambulance, maybe she will have to be placed in the bed of someones pick up truck. Then, depending, she will have to be transported to a hospital that specializes in cases like hers, more than likely, she will just go to the morgue which presents its own problems.

People like this put a burden on the system in more ways than one and most likely, the tax payer will foot the bill.
Last person like this I remember hearing about, they had to tear down the wall, and use a forklift to transport the guy.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:46 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,356,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodica View Post
If she can even have children. Women who are overweight/obese often have difficulty conceiving. .
My cousin and her husband were in that boat. The mother is obese and the father is quite overweight but not really obese. The child was a blessing since it took them a few years of trying. Doubt they will have any more children since it might put the mother's health at risk if she gets pregnant again

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Last person like this I remember hearing about, they had to tear down the wall, and use a forklift to transport the guy.
You're correct. Seen it on TV. So sad

Old 09-08-2016, 12:17 PM

14,760 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Why, why did I open this thread?!?
I am not going to click on that video!
That story is so crazy, and really sad.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:23 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:

Nothing more dignified than being removed from your home with the help of a sawzall. Both of these people are nuts!!!

Old 09-08-2016, 12:26 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:

There's a family of three people who live in our neighborhood and all are morbidly obese. Two women and a guy, who weigh somewhere between 350-400 lbs. each. The women are just 5 feet tall and the older one can walk only by shuffling her feet sideways. When they used to visit neighbors in their car, one of them had to get out, so it would clear the curb-cut. They are on public assistance of several types. I can't imagine what their grocery cart would have in it. It must be expensive to eat so much, to maintain that weight. You'd think that some assistance would be extended to them, to control this severe health problem. I could tell them how to eat, but they would reject anything I would say, because I'm in good physical shape and they seem to resent me for it.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:30 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
I could watch only 2 minutes of that disgusting female.

From whom does she receive all that food? Obviously she doesn't work. What does hubby do for a living that he can afford all that?

Is this woman on any type of public assistance? She'd better not be getting food stamps... or anything from the food bank.

Who's the sicko that plans on taking care of her when she can no longer move? It better not be us taxpayers!

Hubby needs to be locked up too. He's mentally ill. Both are dangerous and should never be permitted to raise a child.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:36 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I could watch only 2 minutes of that disgusting female.

From whom does she receive all that food? Obviously she doesn't work. What does hubby do for a living that he can afford all that?

Is this woman on any type of public assistance? She'd better not be getting food stamps... or anything from the food bank.

Who's the sicko that plans on taking care of her when she can no longer move? It better not be us taxpayers!

Hubby needs to be locked up too. He's mentally ill. Both are dangerous and should never be permitted to raise a child.
You really should read it; not only for how disgusting this is, but also society. She is being partially supported by people online who "enjoy watching her eat".

Old 09-08-2016, 12:39 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
You really should read it; not only for how disgusting this is, but also society. She is being partially supported by people online who "enjoy watching her eat".
What? I am not clicking on it but I am guessing they get some sort of pleasure out of it. The dregs of society NEVER cease to amaze me.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:42 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
is she human?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events