Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 10:10 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Talk about the ultimate in poor manners and disrespect. Hopefully they're fired.

https://www.rt.com/viral/358923-sex-doll-ground-zero/

The fact that getting these people fired from their jobs and probably ruining their careers is the first thing that pops in to your mind is pretty sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 10:40 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Where's the anti-PC crowd now?

And, making a mockery of Bush/Cheney's response to the terrible events of 911 is completely appropriate.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:37 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Where's the anti-PC crowd now?

And, making a mockery of Bush/Cheney's response to the terrible events of 911 is completely appropriate.
The anti-PC crowd conveniently defines political correctness thusly:
"Any call to modify speech/behavior so as not to offend... unless I'm offended by said speech/behavior."

They pretend to be opposed on principle to attempts not to offend -- but the reality is that they, just like everyone, agree with many aspects of speaking and behaving in respectful ways meant to not cause offense. They merely disagree on when these practices of courtesy and decorum are appropriate. But that's a subjective judgment call, not the lofty principle that they pretend (and, probably, think -- introspection doesn't seem to be their strong point) to embrace.

Personally, I agree that this behavior was inappropriate. But then, I'm not someone who endlessly whines about the supposed scourge of political correctness, so at least I'm consistent.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Well, I don't know about each and every thing that other people complain about people doing at "these memorials". THIS memorial marks the spot where almost 3,000 people lost their lives in a horrific manner. I simply don't believe there is any way to compare having a bachelor party with a sex blow up doll at Ground Zero is "sort of like bringing a beer to the cemetery and pouring it on a grave in honor of a drinking buddy". The 2,997 people who died at the WTC were victims who died horrible deaths, and the bachelor party was way out of line in their actions.

You and I will have to disagree, because I feel very differently from you, especially on the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

I agree 100%. How anyone with a functioning brain can see this act as ok is beyond me. Numerous other placed to take photos, and they choose this place. Nothing is really sacred anymore it seems.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:55 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Of course they have.. three of my grandchildren visited in January... and heres another wee bit of caring.

Glasgow service remembers 9/11 victims - BBC News

Old 09-19-2016, 01:42 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
Poor, horrible taste. I hope theyre smart enough to come out and apologize.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:55 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,072 times
Doesn't matter if you have empathy for the victims or not.

You might not give a rat's ass about them at all.

BUT why are you going to the memorial site then? If your only intention is to disrespect the victims then yeah I think it is in very poor taste.

If I went to some foreign country and happened by a memorial for some tragic event in their culture, even if I was 100% ignorant of said event, and not a particular fab of their culture, I STILL would show respect to their dead.

It isn't about political correctness, just about common decency.

Something we left behind a LONG time ago apparently.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:40 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Stupid man only hes not so daft... needs some lessons in manners though.. Brit stag who visited 9/11 memorial with sex doll is accountant engaged to former Miss Wales - Mirror Online

Old 09-20-2016, 05:23 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I would be very tired if I became outraged at every tacky/poor taste thing young men do at bachelor parties, I'm sure the list is endless.

Whether they are British, American, French, or (gawd forbid) Pakistani, really doesn't matter. It's a young person not thinking things through.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events