U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 03:15 PM

4,635 posts, read 3,981,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) -The Sumter County Sheriff's Office says a 2-year-old child was found riding a battery-operated car in the middle of the night on Sunday.

Deputies say the child, who was found wearing just jogging pants and a diaper, was driving down Rogers Avenue around 1:55 a.m. when he was spotted by a woman who immediately notified law enforcement officials.
Boy, 2, found driving down street in battery-operated car early - WBRC FOX6 News - Birmingham, AL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 04:23 PM

2,253 posts, read 1,476,130 times
You ever notice that it ALWAYS seems to be only 2 year olds that do stuff like this?

That and running naked down the road seems to be quite popular at that age for some reason...

Old 09-12-2016, 06:38 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,396,445 times
Thankfully he is ok!

Old 09-12-2016, 06:46 PM

2,360 posts, read 644,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
You ever notice that it ALWAYS seems to be only 2 year olds that do stuff like this?

That and running naked down the road seems to be quite popular at that age for some reason...

Yep! Physical skills outmatch their mental capabilities...there must be guardian angels or some type of protective power hovering over these devious little demons who live only in the immediate moment. They get an idea and off they go...............

Old 09-12-2016, 07:46 PM

10,171 posts, read 7,103,100 times
i just can not blame the parents. Maybe they were at fault, but I know of 3 situations where the parents really did EVERYTHING and their toddler still got out.

One case the child was 2.5. He was an escape artist. Usually in the middle of the night. The mom used several child-safe locks and none worked (he figured them out) so she put a dead bolt on the boy's door. CPS came and said she couldn't. So she put a key lock dead bold on the outside doors. CPS came and said she couldn't do that either! I baby sat this kid and one time I was sitting and watching TV but listening for him...he got several blocks away before I noticed. And I was a very attentive sitter (I had tucked him in, checked on him and he was "asleep"...he wasnt). I was lucky to find him because of his foot prints in the frost!!!! He thought it was so funny!

Another was a 1.5 er old boy who just loved to take off his clothes and run around outside...all year round...and talk to passer byers. His mom wasnt awesome, but this was so random, you couldn't blame her. He would bolt when she went to the rest room or took a shower or made a meal. Even if she had the house locked up. Even if it seemed like she had him locked up!

Another was an autistic young boy. He had round the clock care by good people and still got out a few times.

Old 09-12-2016, 08:43 PM

5,765 posts, read 4,190,180 times
Yep, this happened at our house too, only it was during the day on a weekend. I was gone to town and hubby was "watching" our youngest son (years ago) He climbed on his 4x4 battery powered car and went down our driveway and out onto the (thankfully quiet) country road. Our neighbor saw him and called him into her driveway to show her his car, then called his dad to come and get him.

Hubby's cousin had a son who was an escape artist. She put locks at the top of the door and he pushed a chair to the door, then piled boxes onto the chair until he could reach the lock and out he went into the night.

My brother went for an afternoon nap when he put their three year old daughter down for hers. She woke up before him, unlocked the front door and was outside playing in a dress with boots on in fairly chilly weather. Her mom came down the street from work and wondered who on earth would let their child outside to play without a coat on in cold weather. She couldn't believe her eyes when she realized that it was HER daughter lol.

Way before I was born, my mom used to tie my two year old twin brothers outside in the back yard with a rope to the back of their jumpers. One day she went outside and the jumpers were there and the twins were gone. The were up the street playing in a neighbor's yard.

Yes, some kids need a ball and chain on their ankles. (yes, I'm kidding)

Old 09-13-2016, 05:53 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,326,046 times
One day I came home to find my two year old son, buck naked, except for the pair of my red high heels he was wearing, standing in the front yard, gleefully spraying the neighbor lady with the power hose.

I can still hear saying " No bay bay, no bay bay " in her Spanish accent.
I found my husband napping on the couch.

Can't get too mad at him though. The same child managed to get himself stuck in a birdcage on my watch. That was fun.

I didn't have any more children after him. He's not the kind of child you have more kids after.

Ps. I like the wording in the article " he just got in his car and left" bwahahaha.

Last edited by NLVgal; 09-13-2016 at 06:01 AM..

Old 09-13-2016, 09:28 AM

12,887 posts, read 15,463,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Yep! Physical skills outmatch their mental capabilities...there must be guardian angels or some type of protective power hovering over these devious little demons who live only in the immediate moment. They get an idea and off they go...............
sweet little rascals that they are.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:15 AM

13,680 posts, read 7,452,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
One day I came home to find my two year old son, buck naked, except for the pair of my red high heels he was wearing, standing in the front yard, gleefully spraying the neighbor lady with the power hose.

I found my husband napping on the couch.

Can't get too mad at him though. The same child managed to get himself stuck in a birdcage on my watch. That was fun.

I didn't have any more children after him. He's not the kind of child you have more kids after.

Ps. I like the wording in the article " he just got in his car and left" bwahahaha.
Thanks for my first hearty laugh of the day!

Old 09-13-2016, 04:16 PM

2,253 posts, read 1,476,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Why did I just hear this in my head, in the voice of Consuela from "Family Guy"., lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or