Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 12:49 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,951,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
The manager wasn't allowed to detain him. It will never amount to any felony charges. In order for the McDonald's employee to detain someone in Arkansas they must have reasonable grounds that the person commited a felony. Stealing a cup of soda isn't a felony.

"(d) A private person may make an arrest where he or she has reasonable grounds for believing that the person arrested has committed a felony."

§ 16-81-106 - Authority to arrest. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

What an enormous waste of taxpayer money.
On the other hand, this states what constitutes felony robbery in Arkansas:

§ 5-12-102 - Robbery. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Commit misdemeanor theft and then employ physical force turns it into a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 01:19 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,660,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
On the other hand, this states what constitutes felony robbery in Arkansas:

§ 5-12-102 - Robbery. :: 2010 Arkansas Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

Commit misdemeanor theft and then employ physical force turns it into a felony.
The manager followed them outside and tried to detain him by standing behind his vehicle. Which is against the law. I'd imagine that they slowly backed into him at this point, because after the "felony assault" with a vehicle the manager went inside the window of the car and tried to steal the keys from them. Which is against the law. At which point the guy "struck the hand" of the manager trying to steal his keys. Then the manager went and stood infront of the guys car where he was "assaulted" again.

Assault generally implies that one is intending to do harm on someone else. I would guess that he back his vehicle slowly into the manager not to harm him but so that he could simply leave the area. As far as I know, that wouldn't qualify as assault. If I walk up to someone and without touching them pin them against a wall and they push me in order to leave, not in order to hurt me, I highly doubt that would be considered assault by any judge or jury.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:17 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,278,669 times
Well. That certainly escalated. Overkill, but I can understand where the manager was coming from.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,800,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Well he is facing felony charges after hitting the Manager with his car while trying to escape with the stolen soda. If no one was hurt, I am sure he wouldn't be facing any charges.

So weird...the manager didn't need to put his body in the way of a moving car over 1 cent of soda. And for the kid stealing soda...really? Just hand over the cup if yu get caught. Good lord. 2 people not acting normal for the situation.
Nor would any clear-thinking regional manager or other corporate higher-up want a manager doing such a thing. You just the loss rather than risk injury or worse.

Good Lord, in the previous half-hour the manager probably tossed a basket or two of fries and numerous sandwiches because they'd sat under the heat-lamps for more than 20 minutes. And now he's going Rambo for ten cents worth of reconstituted soda?

Neither of those two geniuses apparently understand the concept of costs-benefits...

Old 09-15-2016, 09:51 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,441,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamemyarschlach View Post
Might want to take note that the young soda drinkers are White. The manager using overkill to punish them is BLACK. Kinda like how those 2 black cops chased down a poor White man whose woman they were interested in and shot their autistic kid to death in his carseat.

Body camera footage shows father of autistic boy killed by cops posed no threat, lawyer says | Fox News

It's becoming very apparent that BLM is a synonym for White Lives Don't.

"Body camera footage shows the father of a 6-year-old autistic boy had his hands in the air and posed no threat when cops reached into the car and shot to death the boy, also wounding the father, the man's lawyer said Monday.
Mark Jeansonne is the attorney for Chris Few, who was seriously injured when local marshals in the town of Marksville opened fire. His 6-year-old, Jeremy Mardis, was killed in the back seat.

"This was not a threatening situation for the police," Jeansonne said.
Jeansonne said Few's condition is improving, but that he has not yet been told that his son was killed.
The two marshals are jailed on $1 million bond. Derrick Stafford of Mansura, 32, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., of Marksville, 23, are each charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder.
Way to push your agenda in a thread that has nothing to do with the bulk of your post.

I suggest you read the rules in this forum..and try again...perhaps in the Politics and other Controversies Forum.

You and your apparent 'beliefs' will have plenty of company there.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:55 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,871,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
The manager followed them outside and tried to detain him by standing behind his vehicle. Which is against the law. I'd imagine that they slowly backed into him at this point, because after the "felony assault" with a vehicle the manager went inside the window of the car and tried to steal the keys from them. Which is against the law. At which point the guy "struck the hand" of the manager trying to steal his keys. Then the manager went and stood infront of the guys car where he was "assaulted" again.

Assault generally implies that one is intending to do harm on someone else. I would guess that he back his vehicle slowly into the manager not to harm him but so that he could simply leave the area. As far as I know, that wouldn't qualify as assault. If I walk up to someone and without touching them pin them against a wall and they push me in order to leave, not in order to hurt me, I highly doubt that would be considered assault by any judge or jury.
Another person taking the side of a thief instead of the working stiff

Old 09-15-2016, 06:08 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,660,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Another person taking the side of a thief instead of the working stiff
They were both wrong, stealing 5 cents of soda is wrong and vigilante justice is wrong.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:43 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,914,534 times
Interesting. When I was ripped off for 500 on a car, the police said there was nothing they could do.

But I notice when it's a business the cops will go full on, even for the smallest thefts. Which proves my theory correct. The police aren't here for the average Joe, they are all about protecting the corporates.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,003,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Interesting. When I was ripped off for 500 on a car, the police said there was nothing they could do.

But I notice when it's a business the cops will go full on, even for the smallest thefts. Which proves my theory correct. The police aren't here for the average Joe, they are all about protecting the corporates.
If someone had stolen your car, or anything from your car, the police would have been involved. But it seems more like your incident was a civil matter that needed to be settled in court.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:59 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,211,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Well. That certainly escalated. Overkill, but I can understand where the manager was coming from.
All the manager needed to do was get the license plate number. They are trained to give up the money in a robbery. This guy goes and stands behind a car????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events