Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstarr View Post
That's the gift of womens lib and womens equal rights to work in the office with men and be equal with them. They are forced to mingle to the point of being privy to personal private and intimate details. Thank you Gloria

Old 09-19-2016, 12:20 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I once overheard my husband in a huddle with my two sons. He said, "Ok guys, it's about that time. Try to be on your best behavior with mom. None of us know how it feels - what she's going through. Just be sensitive and patient, ok?"

I didn't realize until that moment how obvious my mood swings were. After that, I worked hard to control my emotions and behavior. I never told him that I overheard that.
Yup...my wife and daughter all suffered/suffer from PMS...and yeah..I kept track and steered clear.
Why not...I'm an a** often enough, and without Nature's excuse--to appreciate clear warning.

Will admit though...was WAY happy when menapause rolled around.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:20 PM

102,198 posts, read 107,842,460 times
OTOH, I've run into guys who generally have bad attitudes about women, and come across poorly in interactions. So when women push back, the guys dismiss it as PMS. They claim all women have this problem, which isn't true at all. They're using it as a cover for their own Neanderthal attitudes/behaviors that rile women, which they are clueless about.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-19-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I don't see anything wrong with tracking it, but man, she must be some BIOTCHY for someone to actually bother tracking her.

I've always said that women at least have a physical reason to be b*tchy, but what is a man's excuse?

I find a lot of men far b*tchier than women and it lasts all month, all year.
Years ago a friend and I decided that PMS is that time of month when we're off the drug (estrogen) that makes women put up with crap the rest of the month - and men are women who are off the drug all tlhe time!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:24 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I agree...i actually dont find it cute or humorous either..just because she has a menstrual cycle every month doesnt give her the license to act like an azzwipe. What? Does she think she's the only person who has ever come to work with a headache, or a stomache ache, or clogged sinuses etc? Learn to manage your personal life and your body, without being an azzhole to other people...other people have had health issues and they dont walk around acting like it gives them the right to make other people's lives hell...but somehow we as a society, have come to think its ok, or somehow cute for some women to regularly behave like this...and in a professional setting/workplace, no less.
meh, IME people with aches, sinuses, personal problems, etc. act like a-holes sometime too. We had a guy at work that was moodier than any menstruating woman I've ever been around. We use to tease him about it being his ladies days.

We also had a couple bipolars who would go off the deep end sometimes when their meds were off. I dont know what makes those on anti anxiety and bi polar meds think they have a right to make other peoples lives hell yet society has come to think it ok for them to be in the workplace. They need to keep that chit in check, always!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:44 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,067 times
This is 2016 - you would think there'd be an app for that.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,881,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
This is 2016 - you would think there'd be an app for that.
There used to be...but it was pulled off the market

Old 09-19-2016, 01:05 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,710,128 times
While it is funny, I would question whether this would be considered sexual harassment (at least here in the US)?

Would these same men like someone tracking their office time bowel habits?

"Little bound up, Steve? I see you didn't head to the men's room this morning post coffee break as you normally do."
or:
"Avoid Steve today; he's irregular and irritable."

Old 09-19-2016, 01:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
meh, IME people with aches, sinuses, personal problems, etc. act like a-holes sometime too. We had a guy at work that was moodier than any menstruating woman I've ever been around. We use to tease him about it being his ladies days.

We also had a couple bipolars who would go off the deep end sometimes when their meds were off. I dont know what makes those on anti anxiety and bi polar meds think they have a right to make other peoples lives hell yet society has come to think it ok for them to be in the workplace. They need to keep that chit in check, always!

Of course people with headaches, sinus congestion, etc act like a-holes too...thats kind of the point: nobody thinks its ok for them to use their health issues as some cute way to excuse their behavior.

And i couldn't agree more about the mental illnesses thing. In fact, I feel like if a person cant keep theirbmental illness under control without letting it interfere with their work or how they treat their colleagues, they shouldnt even be hired at all.

Old 09-19-2016, 01:26 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
but somehow we as a society, have come to think its ok, or somehow cute for some women to regularly behave like this...and in a professional setting/workplace, no less.
I don't think society necessarily thinks it's okay or cute for a woman to lash out at anyone, and women definitely shouldn't think that they have a free pass to rampage just because they feel lousy. Most professional women do bristle at the idea that if she's upset or in a bad mood that any legitimate concerns she has are going to be written off as "oh, Debbie's just on the rag again. " About a quarter of women are having their periods at any given time, so it's guaranteed that you've sat in meetings with women who were having terrible cramps or wondering if she's having a containment breach and you had absolutely no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events