Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:53 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times

Advertisements

I didn't need to. Someone did it for me. Now just print it. Again you are fooling a 4th grader.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 05:04 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
It won't scan at all. Blank output. Try it.
Just means you need an older scanner.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:05 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I somehow HOPE this guy didnt realise it was fake.......

It's easy to laugh, but people have got counterfeit money from post offices and banks. I had a problem with counterfeit money years ago. I went to the local Shop Rite to go get my groceries. I needed cash back. I asked for 140 back. The cashier was too eager to say "Can I give you a hundred dollar bill?". Me, being me (with my terrible luck), I said yeah. Thinking this place would never accept a phoney 100. They get too much business to not know the difference. I take it. I forgot something food shopping. I go to get it at another local store. Thank God they knew me. They gave me back the 100 and said "You should call the police and tell them where you got it". I do. This Shop Rite has security cams. They could see me getting the fake money. I call and the police tell me I can either come down to the station to hand it over or I can destroy it myself. I explain I know where I got it, you can check the security cameras, and no effs givens by the police. It's really a legal game of hot potato. After that, I rarely use cash any more.

Old 09-21-2016, 12:07 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,131,818 times
I forgot to add, I've known people who have worked cashier jobs in various stores. It's basically "If you tell someone I told you to do it, I'll lie" rule (by managers), if you get a phony bill try to go to another store and make change. Better to get something than nothing. Especially in malls. I will say, most will say not to pass it off to customers.

Old 09-21-2016, 06:59 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And what, you believe he was making counterfeit money? Wouldn't there be a news story about how his home was raided and all the equipment seized? Where does one get a fake $50 bill?
Someone had passed it to him. So he passed it to someone else, so he wouldn't have a $50 loss.

Or maybe he does this regularly. It was fake money that said "for motion picture use." If someone gets a stack of those, he can pass those out around town and make money.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:09 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Someone had passed it to him. So he passed it to someone else, so he wouldn't have a $50 loss.

Or maybe he does this regularly. It was fake money that said "for motion picture use." If someone gets a stack of those, he can pass those out around town and make money.
You're making an assumption that he knew he had been passed a fake and was trying to pass the problem off to someone else.

Maybe he does this regularly. Maybe he was completely unaware of it. If the guy is found and asked questions then maybe it will become clearer. Maybe he's a part-time actor that was in a play last week using fake money. Or maybe he just sold some bike parts to a guy on Craigslist an hour before stopping at the lemonade stand.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:35 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
From the news story:

The bills are called motion picture money and they look real, except for the words “for motion picture use only.” They apparently were used as props in movies.

It would be pretty hard for anyone passing one of these bills not to notice.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:15 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,399 times
Welcome to the world of business.....

Old 09-21-2016, 11:26 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
From the news story:

The bills are called motion picture money and they look real, except for the words “for motion picture use only.” They apparently were used as props in movies.

It would be pretty hard for anyone passing one of these bills not to notice.
Have you actually seen one?

Old 09-21-2016, 11:30 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
So quick to assume the bicyclist knew it was fake. This is the only statement in the article about it.

Quote:
Ms. Leachman said. “He knew what he was doing.”
Well I'm convinced!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events