Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 06:45 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,815,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
The driver broke the law...hit and run, and attempted murder and or aggravated assault. If he ran the guy over during or immediately afterwards that's one think, but some time had passed. This is basically promoting vigilantism. If the police don't care about vigilantism, we don't need police. Everybody should just form a posse. He could have called 911 between fleeing and spotting the suspect. The thug's medical bills are going to be more than prosecuting the victim turned vigilante if we want to make it about cost.
Totally.

Regardless of the time line, if you hit someone with your car...yes you must, at minimum, call 911 when you are in a safe place. But technically, you shouldn't leave the scene.

I don't know about leaving a dying man and not reporting it...but anyone with a moral compass would call him help, regardless if he was a thief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 07:28 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,037,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I certainly would want to do that myself but not if I had my wife and kids in the car. Not really worth revenge at the risk of my family's lives considering the guy had a gun
He didn't go back for revenge though, and the article didn't say if the wife and kids were in the car when he went back hoping his debit card was still in the machine after fleeing with his family when initially robbed.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He didn't go back for revenge though, and the article didn't say if the wife and kids were in the car when he went back hoping his debit card was still in the machine after fleeing with his family when initially robbed.
I know he is an immigrant...but you cant retrieve a card from a ATM after 30 seconds. It sucks it back in. Maybe he didn't know that...maybe he went back looking to find the guy. The last thing I would do is go back hoping to get my card. I would be calling 911 to report the crime and canceling my card!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:48 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,037,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
I know he is an immigrant...but you cant retrieve a card from a ATM after 30 seconds. It sucks it back in. Maybe he didn't know that...maybe he went back looking to find the guy. The last thing I would do is go back hoping to get my card. I would be calling 911 to report the crime and canceling my card!
Yeah, you and I know that, but this guy just got here a month ago and speaks zero English, so who knows what he was thinking? I'm inclined to cut him some slack since the cops say the surveillance tapes back his story once they found him and got an interpreter in there.

I'm prejudiced because this happened to a colleague of mine. He was using an ATM and was hit from behind and knocked unconscious before being robbed. Sad thing? He's a dwarf. Guy isn't much more than three feet tall. You should have seen the facial bruising from the face plant. These armed robbery types don't care who they prey on.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:58 PM

26,144 posts, read 19,701,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird
Wow...he should be charged with hit and run for not calling 911. I guess he might not understand thats the law, but is that an excuse? I don't know.
He was probably scared and didnt think to.....

The driver IS LUCKY he didnt get hurt!!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
He was probably scared and didnt think to.....

The driver IS LUCKY he didnt get hurt!!
Would people be saying this if he was undocumented from Mexico?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:01 PM

Or even documented from Mexico but doesn't speak english?

Old 09-23-2016, 12:01 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,184,959 times
I can understand hitting the robber with the car. Not saying it's right. Just saying I can understand being That angry.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:37 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,801 times
Quote:
Would people be saying this if he was undocumented from Mexico?
Not what this thread is about. Do your race baiting somewhere else.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:41 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,265,801 times
Quote:
Totally.

Regardless of the time line, if you hit someone with your car...yes you must, at minimum, call 911 when you are in a safe place. But technically, you shouldn't leave the scene.

I don't know about leaving a dying man and not reporting it...but anyone with a moral compass would call him help, regardless if he was a thief.
I can muster no moral compass for someone who robs and/or injures or kills others. He chose that path in life. The victim chose to fight back. Good for him. One less dirtbag on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events