Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 03:25 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You don't seem to get it. This isn't being done to play a practical joke on someone, this is being done at the very least to be menacing and threatening.

I love a good joke, especially a practical joke.

Nothing funny about this, nor is that the intent.

Well if he wasn't bothering anyone that's too bad.

But you do have to wonder why do this in a "bad part of town". Now if he was staring in stranger's windows or coming up on people, well than I don't feel sorry for him.

Maybe this is what it takes for others to think twice before doing this, or just even "think" once.
Ever heard of the "reasonable man" doctrine? You can't simply justify any actions by being scared. Reasonable adults should not be frightened by someone wearing a clown mask in absence of any threatening actions. It's amazing to me that you can sit there on your computer and decide what is a joke and what is menacing and someone's intent days and miles away.

Might as well just shoot then, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 03:38 PM

10,230 posts, read 6,314,125 times
As my 37 year old daughter said, if you jump in front my car while I am driving, you suffer the consequences of that. I am not crashing into other cars to avoid YOU.

Old 10-07-2016, 03:39 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,077 times
Anyone amazed at how quickly this clown thing escalated? I mean it was only a few weeks ago when a story would pop up weekly. Now I think it has hit almost every state. It is amazing how a weird and stupid trend picks up. Almost want to hear some theories on some crazy conspiracy, like the makers of a upcoming clown movie started it.

Also although most of the incidents are totally legal, just dressing up as a clown, it still is wrong. I mean they know what they are doing. Also clowns are weird in general, I mean seriously, what kind of creeper wants to act like a moron, wear make up and play with little kids? Sorry if there are any clowns on here lol, but clowns are disturbing people in my mind.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,345,683 times
These "clowns" may be guilty of a crime: disturbing the peace, harrassment, or something like that.

But what is more disturbing is that it seems like some people are overly eager to classify them as some sort of threat worthy of action that would let them exercise their perverse desire to shoot and kill under the guise of 'saving the children'.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 PM

44,623 posts, read 61,597,128 times
A 15-year-old girl seized on the national scary clown craze and posted on Facebook a violent threat to residents of many Twin Cities communities, and police in one of those cities said they have arrested the juvenile.
Story....
Teen girl ID'd as 'scary clown' that threatened Twin Cities communities - StarTribune.com

Old 10-09-2016, 11:03 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Ever heard of the "reasonable man" doctrine? You can't simply justify any actions by being scared. Reasonable adults should not be frightened by someone wearing a clown mask in absence of any threatening actions. It's amazing to me that you can sit there on your computer and decide what is a joke and what is menacing and someone's intent days and miles away.

Might as well just shoot then, right?

Well to be fair you live in FL, so this is behavior you're used to.

All kidding aside, your state is the last state people should be doing this in. In the dumbshine state you can shoot someone if they look at you cross eyed and say you were in fear for your life.

Heck, people get shot there for texting in a movie theater during the previews.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:36 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Last night I was listening to the police and there was 3 reports IN MY TOWN of Clowns being seen running around,etc..........

Old 10-09-2016, 01:16 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,429 times
Nice of these clowns to volunteer as moving targets for shooting practice by gun owners.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
I think this is all a diabolical plan by clowns to get attention. Clowning is a dying industry. Seltzer water, over sized shoes, orange hair and gallon animals doesn't impress or entertain anymore.

They're upping their game to get more attention, they are turning to terrorizing people out of a desperate need to have people notice them again.��

Old 10-09-2016, 09:24 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,453,256 times
I was channel surfing briefly between 9-10pm EST and I saw two clowns I was hoping someone would dispatch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events