U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:19 PM

7,247 posts, read 4,670,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yeah. There's always going to be the haters, but Tebow is a genuinely nice person.

I think that probably irks the haters even more.

Yeah, yeah, we get it... christian persecution again... look, I have no problem admitting that in general he's a very nice man. But I still dislike him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I do to. I'm an Alabama fan and I hated him at Florida because he was so good. I was glad Bama made him cry in the 2009 SEC championship.

Yet with all the teams in the NFL with bad quarterbacks, I don't see why he couldn't make it - or even be on someone's bench. It doesn't make sense, unless team owners just didn't want to put up with what they see as baggage that comes with him.
There's no place for him on anyone's bench. First of all, despite his athleticism, he has absolutely no NFL-level football skills. Backup quarterback positions are usually taken by young, talented players who are expected to improve over a 2 or 3 year span, or aging veterans who have lost most of their skills but are still smart enough and talented enough to lead a team and win a few games. Tebow doesn't belong in either category.

Add in the fact that he's a colossal pain in the ass in the locker room, with that 3-ring media circus that always follows him around (and that he encourages to follow him around), and there's no reason any team would have for keeping him around. He's got nothing to offer but distractions.

Last edited by mjlo; 10-13-2016 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Deleted responding post

Old 10-12-2016, 07:29 PM

22,446 posts, read 10,395,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
While I am not a Christian, I must say that Tim Tebow showed his true and compassionate colors (link to story). Apparently a fan collapsed. After he came to, Tim spent 15 minutes talking to him. He had absolutely nothing to gain. Just a good person doing the right thing.
That's very nice. He deserves credit for that.

But how is that a miracle?

Old 10-12-2016, 08:19 PM

12,582 posts, read 7,530,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
If truth be told and Jesus would return, he would surely look somewhat like Tebow, the American version of Jesus. Good looking, athletic, tall, white and the power to heal. Tebow save us with the help of Trump, and make America great again.
I cannot tell if this is a serious post or sarcasm.

Tebow, the American version of Jesus... Ok then.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:35 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,356,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
There's no place for him on anyone's bench.
Add in the fact that he's a colossal pain in the ass in the locker room, with that 3-ring media circus that always follows him around (and that he encourages to follow him around), and there's no reason any team would have for keeping him around. He's got nothing to offer but distractions.
Yeah thats a total rebutal to what I said. Completely opposite.

Not.

You just summed it up. No one wanted to deal with an average QB that had too much baggage. If it was all about skill he would have a job. Now he is helping to sell out a farm league team.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:54 PM

7,247 posts, read 4,670,946 times
Quote:

Not.

You just summed it up. No one wanted to deal with an average QB that had too much baggage. If it was all about skill he would have a job. Now he is helping to sell out a farm league team.
You said this -

Quote:
Yet with all the teams in the NFL with bad quarterbacks, I don't see why he couldn't make it - or even be on someone's bench. It doesn't make sense, unless team owners just didn't want to put up with what they see as baggage that comes with him.
In the part of my post that you edited out, I said this -

Quote:
There's no place for him on anyone's bench. First of all, despite his athleticism, he has absolutely no NFL-level football skills. Backup quarterback positions are usually taken by young, talented players who are expected to improve over a 2 or 3 year span, or aging veterans who have lost most of their skills but are still smart enough and talented enough to lead a team and win a few games. Tebow doesn't belong in either category.
I explained why he couldn't be on anyone's bench. He sucks. He has no NFL-level skills. It was a direct and concise repudiation of your post. Don't try to pretend you didn't read that, because it was right in between the two parts of my post that you didn't edit out. You would have had to see it in order to delete it.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 PM

1,989 posts, read 1,345,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
While I am not a Christian, I must say that Tim Tebow showed his true and compassionate colors (link to story). Apparently a fan collapsed. After he came to, Tim spent 15 minutes talking to him. He had absolutely nothing to gain. Just a good person doing the right thing.
Quote:

Not.

Quote:
You said this -

I explained why he couldn't be on anyone's bench. He sucks. He has no NFL-level skills. It was a direct and concise repudiation of your post. Don't try to pretend you didn't read that, because it was right in between the two parts of my post that you didn't edit out. You would have had to see it in order to delete it.
He never cared about being a quarterback. He is trying to become a saint. This is his three-thousand, six-hundred seventy-second documented miracle.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM

9,578 posts, read 8,881,846 times
Quote:
I guess they dont always know because QB play in the NFL sucks for half the teams and marginal in half the rest. I dont believe the guy cant be at least a backup.

Your hyperbole is cute though. Im glad an ex nfl qb/scout/coach like you decided to weigh in on this thread. "Mannequin."
Stick to college..

Old 10-12-2016, 10:32 PM

18,385 posts, read 20,122,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Hat's off to a true good guy.

It's a shame he's not all that good at professional sports. I am rooting for him!

Truthfully I would gladly pay money to watch him play. This coming from a guy who has no interest in going to pro game of any kind. I never understood why so many disliked him. While I'm not a Christian I have a lot of Christian beliefs and I do respect him for his faith.
I think a lot of people can learn a lesson from this man.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:36 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,455,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If you are referring to me, I'm not a "hater" when it comes to Tebow. I just think it's a bit much to say he performed a miracle by talking to a fan for 15 minutes. Of course he is a nice person for doing so, but as much as people want to think America is going to hell, it's not. Someone being nice is not some crazy news worthy event that should be called a miracle.
you would be surprised at how superstars can make people feel superhuman if those people really admire and look up to said superstar.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:37 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,455,197 times
Quote:
You said this -

stick to bashing trump, you don't know much about sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or