U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2016, 07:28 AM
 
Location: New York Area
15,585 posts, read 6,155,151 times
Reputation: 12156

Advertisements

While I am not a Christian, I must say that Tim Tebow showed his true and compassionate colors (link to story). Apparently a fan collapsed. After he came to, Tim spent 15 minutes talking to him. He had absolutely nothing to gain. Just a good person doing the right thing.

 
Old 10-12-2016, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
12,111 posts, read 10,237,116 times
Reputation: 32958
Hat's off to a true good guy.

It's a shame he's not all that good at professional sports. I am rooting for him!
 
Old 10-12-2016, 08:07 AM
 
Location: New York Area
15,585 posts, read 6,155,151 times
Reputation: 12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Hat's off to a true good guy.

It's a shame he's not all that good at professional sports. I am rooting for him!
It's great as an example to children on how to behave in public.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 09:39 AM
 
12,389 posts, read 7,447,004 times
Reputation: 23220
So what exactly was the miracle, that a minor league player talked to a fan for 15 minutes? Its nice of him to do, but I doubt most players would just walk away from a fan in distress. So calling it a miracle is a bit extreme, it's not like he was cured of epilepsy because of Tebow touching him.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 12:24 PM
 
Location: New York Area
15,585 posts, read 6,155,151 times
Reputation: 12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So what exactly was the miracle, that a minor league player talked to a fan for 15 minutes? Its nice of him to do, but I doubt most players would just walk away from a fan in distress. So calling it a miracle is a bit extreme, it's not like he was cured of epilepsy because of Tebow touching him.
I disagree. I've seen clergy that I know and like leave a condolence prayer session after a death in a hurry. One I was tempted to remind him "the speed limit on Chatsworth Avenue is 25."
 
Old 10-12-2016, 12:32 PM
 
4,022 posts, read 1,840,812 times
Reputation: 3950
Yeah. There's always going to be the haters, but Tebow is a genuinely nice person.

I think that probably irks the haters even more.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 01:01 PM
 
12,389 posts, read 7,447,004 times
Reputation: 23220
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Yeah. There's always going to be the haters, but Tebow is a genuinely nice person.

I think that probably irks the haters even more.
If you are referring to me, I'm not a "hater" when it comes to Tebow. I just think it's a bit much to say he performed a miracle by talking to a fan for 15 minutes. Of course he is a nice person for doing so, but as much as people want to think America is going to hell, it's not. Someone being nice is not some crazy news worthy event that should be called a miracle.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM
 
17,060 posts, read 10,041,025 times
Reputation: 28493
I think he got a raw deal in football.

Not sure how he'll do in baseball but we'll see.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 01:59 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,617,426 times
Reputation: 6745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If you are referring to me, I'm not a "hater" when it comes to Tebow. I just think it's a bit much to say he performed a miracle by talking to a fan for 15 minutes. Of course he is a nice person for doing so, but as much as people want to think America is going to hell, it's not. Someone being nice is not some crazy news worthy event that should be called a miracle.
I think the focus is the power of prayer.........he wasn't talking to the fan.


One person's comment..... Tebow then put his hands on the fan, said a prayer and the fan was able to breathe.


Some call it miracle, while some call it God intervening, while others brush it off as the man breathe on his own. Anyway, nice to see kindness and someone helping his fellow human being, rather than division at a sports game. Something I am sure this fan will never forget, acts of kindness override players who make millions and grandstand for their own personal attention.
 
Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM
 
5,444 posts, read 4,810,167 times
Reputation: 15020
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think the focus is the power of prayer.........he wasn't talking to the fan.


One person's comment..... Tebow then put his hands on the fan, said a prayer and the fan was able to breathe.


Some call it miracle, while some call it God intervening, while others brush it off as the man breathe on his own. Anyway, nice to see kindness and someone helping his fellow human being, rather than division at a sports game. Something I am sure this fan will never forget, acts of kindness override players who make millions and grandstand for their own personal attention.


People will always see what they want to see.
In this case, I think that one fan is a moron. "Fan has what looks like a seizure. Not Moving. Tebow puts hands on him and says a prayer. Man breathes. WOW". Well, what was it? Was he having a seizure or what he not moving? Also, what showed that the guy wasn't breathing? Don't get me wrong, I think it was great of Tebow to go over and help the guy, but some fans just go a bit nuts over him and go way too extreme with what Tebow does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top