Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 06:36 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,492,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Weather could certainly delay bags being transferred between aircraft
Well, again, for those of us unfamiliar with how the industry operates, please explain how.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 06:39 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Well, again, for those of us unfamiliar with how the industry operates, please explain how.

You do understand bags don't get off one plane and on to another magically right? If that's the case and humans as in bag handlers might not be able to work at full efficiency to get your bags to your connecting flight

Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Again zero detail of these incidents you run into every trip. I make multiple international trips every year and still can't understand where your issues come from and you haven't disclosed them which is also strange.
What details exactly are you looking for? Surely you can understand what I mean by overbooked flights, rude employees, menu items unavailable, no blankets, delayed bags, headphones that don't work, seats that won't recline, etc, etc, etc. These things are par for the course with many airlines and one is almost certain to occur on every trip.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
What details exactly are you looking for? Surely you can understand what I mean by overbooked flights,
Is that the fault of any of the airline employees you come in contact with? Probably not

Quote:
rude employees,
as in what? You fail to give any example of someone being rude to you or providing bad service

Quote:
menu items unavailable, no blankets,
Again who's fault is that? And if your chicken isn't available does that mean the flight attendant is rude?

Quote:
delayed bags, headphones that don't work, seats that won't recline, etc, etc, etc. These things are par for the course with many airlines and one is almost certain to occur on every trip.
Strange my headphones work on every flight but that's because I bring mine. You still fail to outline any rude employees or how they provided you with poor service. Your seat being unable to recline certainly isn't a flight attendant providing poor service. I do think I'm starting understand your reoccurring issue though

Old 10-19-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
You do understand bags don't get off one plane and on to another magically right? If that's the case and humans as in bag handlers might not be able to work at full efficiency to get your bags to your connecting flight
No need for the sarcasm. Once again(third time), I'm only asking you to explain how a weather-related issue would prevent a timely baggage transfer to a flight that has been delayed. Again, I'm not familiar with airline operations, so please pardon me if there's something I'm missing.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
No need for the sarcasm. Once again(third time), I'm only asking you to explain how a weather-related issue would prevent a timely baggage transfer to a flight that has been delayed. Again, I'm not familiar with airline operations, so please pardon me if there's something I'm missing.
I've outlined it haven't I? People have to move your bags on and off the planes, outside and it's possible weather could delay that process wouldn't you think? And if you are connecting the second flight could be cleared before all connecting bags are moved. It's overly simple and conceptually something even one without experience in the industry could fathom, right?

Old 10-19-2016, 07:12 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
LOL. Of course not! Sheep never have any problem! They just go where they're prodded.
It's called "following the rules". With 200 or so people on a plane, there isn't time to be dealing with the few who think they are too good to follow the rules like everybody else.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:24 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
What details exactly are you looking for? Surely you can understand what I mean by overbooked flights, rude employees, menu items unavailable, no blankets, delayed bags, headphones that don't work, seats that won't recline, etc, etc, etc. These things are par for the course with many airlines and one is almost certain to occur on every trip.
Oh, so you're one of those people that always have a special request or complaint or expect an exception to the rules. What is the point in whining to the flight attendant if they are out of chicken? If they are out of something or something doesn't work, there is nothing the flight attendant can do about it. Write a letter to management after the flight.

It is true that airline employees are not like restaurant waitstaff or retail floor clerks who will pretend "the customer is always right" and put up with abuse in the name of "customer service". Whining to them about something beyond their control or insisting on an excepton because you think a fee or rule is ridiculous is only delaying several hundred other people. They are not going to tolerate it.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Is that the fault of any of the airline employees you come in contact with? Probably not

as in what? You fail to give any example of someone being rude to you or providing bad service

Again who's fault is that? And if your chicken isn't available does that mean the flight attendant is rude?

Strange my headphones work on every flight but that's because I bring mine. You still fail to outline any rude employees or how they provided you with poor service. Your seat being unable to recline certainly isn't a flight attendant providing poor service. I do think I'm starting understand your reoccurring issue though
What I said was: It's almost inevitable that I'm going to deal with bad service or a rude employee.

It seems we're on a different wavelength here, so let us both be clear, can we? "Bad service" includes promising something to your customer(and charging him for it) and not delivering it. That includes blankets, headphones, timely flights, functional seats, etc, etc. You seem to be under the impression that I wish to place all of the blame on flight attendants for all of this. That's not the case.

Old 10-19-2016, 07:25 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,441 times
Quote:
So why on earth do you have interactions every trip and ones that turn out that way? And if everyone you speak to have the same experiences it's the people you know because that's abnormal. So again what are these interactions you are having every trip?

I live in Honolulu and I fly alternately to East Coast cities like BOS, EWR and IAD, and Asia like NAR, ICN, HKG several times a year. I can easily make similar comparisons.

For example, the trip between DC and Honolulu, Honolulu and Seoul are identical since it takes about 10 and half hours non-stop one way for either trip.

Price:

Normally the Asia-bound round trip tickets can be obtained at $600 on economy class in low season. The cheapest round trip fare I can obtain for East Coast-bound flight is $700 for coach. So historically inflation-adjusted domestic airfare is cheap but not as cheap as that of international flight.

Service:

Here is the huge difference. For example:
(1) Most flight attendants on the Asia-based airlines will help me load my carry-on baggage to the overhead bin. But most domestic airlines flight attendants won't.
(2) Every Asia-based airline will provide bottled water, pillow and blanket on trans-Pacific flight. But all domestic airlines, except one, don't provide these amenities.
(3) And of course, every Asia-based airline offers free movies on demand, alcohol, meals and free checked baggages while most domestic airlines provide none or nickel and dime you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events