Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2016, 05:16 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,437,735 times

Advertisements

This happened in Elko, NV. A medical transport plane was flying a patient from Elko, NV to the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City for a Heart transplant. It appears the plane crashed and then exploded/burned.

Reports now indicate there were no survivors.

http://elkodaily.com/news/local/plan...witter.com&utm

I posted this as I believe often too many complain about so many things in medicine, let alone flight costs. Medical transports ae expensive. They also save lives while placing the transport teams' lives. Every time a medical helicopter goes out usually a very, very seasoned nurse with years of trauma/cardiac work and a paramedic fly with one pilot. It appears this plane had a flight nurse and a pilot and co-pilot on board to fly the patient to Salt Lake City for a Heart Transplant. The transplant info is from a different media site in Utah.

Besides being very sad for the patient, I feel not many realize the risks the flight teams take to save the lives of others.

My condolences to all the families who lost someone, including the original donor family who was trying to save the life of another person.

Flight teams are incredible, IMO, and we're lucky to have them!!

Last edited by toosie; 11-19-2016 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Deleted signature - not permitted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 09:10 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
What a shame. The flight crew and their families had to realize this was a possibility at some point. My sympathies to the families of all.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Very sad

Old 11-19-2016, 10:25 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
What a shame. The flight crew and their families had to realize this was a possibility at some point. My sympathies to the families of all.
You've got to be kidding.

No more than anyone on the planet thinks about getting in a car and driving considering driving is so much more dangerous statistically than flying.

What an insensitive comment.

My prayers go out to the families of everyone involved in this horrific accident.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:00 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
This happened in Elko, NV. A medical transport plane was flying a patient from Elko, NV to the University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City for a Heart transplant. It appears the plane crashed and then exploded/burned.

Reports now indicate there were no survivors.

Patient, crew killed in American Medflight crash near Elko's airport | Local | elkodaily.com

I posted this as I believe often too many complain about so many things in medicine, let alone flight costs. Medical transports ae expensive. They also save lives while placing the transport teams' lives. Every time a medical helicopter goes out usually a very, very seasoned nurse with years of trauma/cardiac work and a paramedic fly with one pilot. It appears this plane had a flight nurse and a pilot and co-pilot on board to fly the patient to Salt Lake City for a Heart Transplant. The transplant info is from a different media site in Utah.

Besides being very sad for the patient, I feel not many realize the risks the flight teams take to save the lives of others.

My condolences to all the families who lost someone, including the original donor family who was trying to save the life of another person.

Flight teams are incredible, IMO, and we're lucky to have them!!
MSR, a woman I know in my neighborhood was a flight nurse on the helicopter for a major trauma center near where I live. I don't doubt the work was very challenging and probably frightening at times.

Elko has a decent airport and even President Bush landed there once to campaign for office. The article gives us little in the way of clues why this plane crashed.

Still, in this situation, even though we call this an accident, accidents involving airplanes and motor vehicles almost invariably involve some form of negligence. Pilot error is a common cause of aviation accidents. A passenger in such a situation is entitled to have the highest degree of care exercised on his behalf. If this patient had any chance to survive before this flight took place, he lost it when the plane crashed.

So, while I salute efforts of people in this line of work, I have to wonder why it couldn't be done safely in this instance.

Last edited by markg91359; 11-19-2016 at 10:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events