U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 03:00 PM

1,995 posts, read 1,354,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Disturbing the peace? That's a strange charge for tricking someone into ingesting your bodily fluids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
They should be charged at minimum with malicious tampering with food. There should be charges of a sex crime as well. Let these cretins be registered for life as sex offenders'

Sometimes I read these stories and just want to weep. What is wrong with people who do these things? :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I am sorry, but if someone did that to me I would want their head on a platter. What they did is just repugnant and disgusting and inexcusable. I agree with one of the comments below the article, there needs to be super harsh punishment for tampering with people's food.

They should be sex offenders for life. This should be a crime of sexual assault. Why is it not?? Because they tricked her into ingesting it, and not getting it on her skin themselves??

Old 12-12-2016, 03:31 PM

3,574 posts, read 2,396,675 times
I think they should be suspended for a week (during which their parents should assign chores to keep them busy), and they should have to clean the school lavatories for a month or two. I also think they should have been charged with food tampering, fined and made to do 30 days of community service in addition to cleaning the school lavatories.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:06 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,308,092 times
Some states have Assault with a Bodily Fluid laws, and that's just for throwing or um.. squirting them on people.

Eating it is a whole other thing. Disgusting.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:12 PM

13,605 posts, read 7,435,118 times
I suspect the posters who are advocating leniency are male.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:35 PM

1,995 posts, read 1,354,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
I suspect the posters who are advocating leniency are male.
I think that's a reasonable assumption, that they may just have something in common with these disgusting, childish, depraved, little kids.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:49 PM

479 posts, read 455,489 times
Only takes a few minutes each day to speak to your kids about respectful, acceptable behaviour...maybe engage them in stuff that counters anti-social activities. Far easier than dealing with repercussions of events like this, when you leave parenting to social media, TV, movies, pop culture etc.

And of course many never get the chance at decent upbringing, so it's a shame to waste it.

I hope these people will get some much needed counselling & behavioural therapy, rather than some quick punishment that does't address root of problem. Community service and some sort of compensation to teacher on her terms seem to be best actions here.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:54 PM

11,682 posts, read 14,443,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Some states have Assault with a Bodily Fluid laws, and that's just for throwing or um.. squirting them on people.

Eating it is a whole other thing. Disgusting.
Yeah, there's a specific charge that I've seen for spitting on someone. I think it's assault of some kind. Disturbing the peace is pretty lame for something like this - a very personal violation of her being.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:56 PM

5,768 posts, read 2,330,110 times
20 strokes with a cane for each. It's appropriate because they won't be able to sit for weeks and will suffer but not die and it will definitely get the message across that such stupidity is not acceptable behavior.

This is just a dumb prank made by dumb boys and there's no need for making them sex offenders for life. If you can't see through for a caning I'll take them out behind the woodshed with some of my friends and educate them.

Lord knows they need something.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM

479 posts, read 455,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Heinous, loathsome, despicable, revolting, a punishable case of abuse. I am a woman and any one who would do that to another person is mentally ill. Boys will be boys is a cop out.

At the heart of this sort of behaviour is our failure to understand WHY males (men & boys) become & stay so angry -always a need for power, to get back at someone- and how to best deal with their problems without further damaging their dignity.

Males who behave like this IME act out due to lack of perceived power/control and lack of understanding how to deal with emotions, like how to deal with irate teacher, student etc who may have wronged you. This is why you see so much violence in communities with a dearth of rule, law, emotional empathy and the like.

This is true for females too. I hope these boys get the help they obviously need.

Old 12-12-2016, 05:43 PM

2,998 posts, read 4,706,129 times
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or