U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 11:47 PM

4,690 posts, read 2,540,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
These kids need a weekend in jail for that. That is beyond disgusting and what if they had a disease.

If we can lock young kids up for weed, we can lock kids up for adding protein to the frosting.
About that protein...it is not beneficial when it comes to AIDS transmission. The following is from the NIH (National Institutes of Health):

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...genital-tissue

Oral tissue (i.e. the mouth) is not dissimilar to genital tissue.

I am still for adding the offenders to the sexual offender's registry.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:13 AM

4,690 posts, read 2,540,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Some states have Assault with a Bodily Fluid laws, and that's just for throwing or um.. squirting them on people.

Eating it is a whole other thing. Disgusting.
I just read Indiana's law "Felony Battery by Body Waste" specifically mentions semen as one of the fluids and also mentions against a "child services employee engaged in the performance of his duties". To me, that includes a teacher.

Oh, and here's another lovely story about a Fullerton man who put semen in a co-worker's water bottle. He was found guilty of assault and battery. (DNA evidence proved it was his semen.) "Jurors also found true the allegation that he did it for sexual gratification."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/...-assault-case/

These young men appear to be on their way to doing something similar to that in the future if there are let off easy this time.

Last edited by SFBayBoomer; 12-13-2016 at 01:32 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 02:07 AM

263 posts, read 311,863 times
3 months in jail or 20 strokes with the cane, if I was the judge.
China would fix these guys.

Can you imagine if they did this in Iran?

Old 12-13-2016, 04:09 AM

11,584 posts, read 3,963,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
About that protein...it is not beneficial when it comes to AIDS transmission. The following is from the NIH (National Institutes of Health):

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...genital-tissue

Oral tissue (i.e. the mouth) is not dissimilar to genital tissue.

I am still for adding the offenders to the sexual offender's registry.

Aids, Hepatitis and numerous other conditions could be transmitted, and there is a raft of offences that could apply.

I think ther Authorities are being leniant due to the youngsters age, however normally adults would be tried for sexual and other offences under such circumstances.

In England & Wales Section 23 of the Offences Against the Person Act 1861 states -

Quote:

Whosoever shall unlawfully and maliciously administer to or cause to be administered to or taken by any other person any poison or other destructive or noxious thing, so as thereby to endanger the life of such person, or so as thereby to inflict upon such person any grievous bodily harm, shall be guilty of felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable . . . to be kept in penal servitude for any term not exceeding ten years .

Offences Against the Person Act 1861 - Section 23
Although this section is rarely used, it could apply to such cases especially if the woman's health had been effected or she had caught a disease. There is also the possibility of seeking damages through the Civil Law.

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-13-2016 at 04:18 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 07:06 AM

451 posts, read 178,347 times
THose that say "Boys will be boys" are the same ones who would say this if these cretins tortured animals or the like.

My wife and I were both teachers. One day my wife was called out of class and one boy went up to her desk , opened the draw where she kept her lunch and thermos, and put half a bottle of codeine cough syrup in my wife's thermos which was half filled with cranberry juice. At lunch my wife drank half of the cranberry juice before she felt dizzy, fell and broke her arm and suffered a concussion. What the cretin did not know was that my wife was also taking vicodin for a sprained ankle and the additive effect of the vicodin and codeine caused her to faint.

The police were called. The juice was tested and found to contain the codeine. Other students in the class admitted what had happened. We pressed charges. The cretin, who was a senior and 18 an adult , was charged with felony assault and poisoning. The father of the cretin, a prominent physician, begged us to not press charges. He said you know his son was a star athlete and had been accepted to a top college. We told the DA we wanted to press charges to the full extent of the law.

The result was the cretin was expelled from school, served 30 days in the county jail, had a criminal record with possible expungement after 10 years and was denied acceptance to the university which had given him a 4 year athletic scholarship. His Daddy's expensive attorney could not help him. Last I heard he was living out of state working menial jobs and addicted to crystal meth. A real winner. He got exactly what he deserved. And I sleep well at night.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:31 AM

22 posts, read 15,557 times
@cruisetheworld I am happy to hear you pressed charges. I saw in my messages (still getting used to how this forum works) someone had asked if the pie was tested in the story I posted about. I am sure it was considering the outcome.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:58 AM

1,162 posts, read 512,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
THose that say "Boys will be boys" are the same ones who would say this if these cretins tortured animals or the like.

My wife and I were both teachers. One day my wife was called out of class and one boy went up to her desk , opened the draw where she kept her lunch and thermos, and put half a bottle of codeine cough syrup in my wife's thermos which was half filled with cranberry juice. At lunch my wife drank half of the cranberry juice before she felt dizzy, fell and broke her arm and suffered a concussion. What the cretin did not know was that my wife was also taking vicodin for a sprained ankle and the additive effect of the vicodin and codeine caused her to faint.

The police were called. The juice was tested and found to contain the codeine. Other students in the class admitted what had happened. We pressed charges. The cretin, who was a senior and 18 an adult , was charged with felony assault and poisoning. The father of the cretin, a prominent physician, begged us to not press charges. He said you know his son was a star athlete and had been accepted to a top college. We told the DA we wanted to press charges to the full extent of the law.

The result was the cretin was expelled from school, served 30 days in the county jail, had a criminal record with possible expungement after 10 years and was denied acceptance to the university which had given him a 4 year athletic scholarship. His Daddy's expensive attorney could not help him. Last I heard he was living out of state working menial jobs and addicted to crystal meth. A real winner. He got exactly what he deserved. And I sleep well at night.
wow.

You sure got him, yeah?

I would be pissed too but the boy was obviously not smart enough to "see" the repercussions of his crime. your wife broke her arm - you ruined a persons entire life.

You could have settled it as a civil matter. sad.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:08 AM

6,564 posts, read 12,300,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Good for you. Another affluenza teen with a rich parents begging for him to be excused from the consequences of the harm he had done.

And no, that's not sarcasm. There is the victim and there is the perp. The victim deserves the sympathy. The perp deserves none. The perp should not perp to begin with.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:39 AM

5,580 posts, read 3,923,245 times
What they did was very wrong and disgusting. On the other hand, they were kids pulling a prank that probably weren't old enough to realize the full gravity of their actions like an adult would. I'd give them about six months in jail and make them go to alternative school for a good while. Also, they need some serious counseling.

These kids are still young enough that they can turn their lives around. As for the sex offender registry, maybe for a year or two but not for life - this is not something that should negatively impact these kids' lives 30 years from now.

As for suing the parents, HELL NO! They may not even have been aware of the situation. This is on those idiot kids, not their parents.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:55 AM

14,364 posts, read 7,911,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Pun intended?

Oh you're bad. LOL and NO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or