Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 02:53 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again. What was her speed? How do you know she was driving recklessly?

I don't think there is any doubt she should not have been driving. But the fact that you are drunk does not make you responsible for a crash. Certainly your response is not optimum. But an optimum response sometimes makes no difference.
Driving Drunk = RECKLESS DRIVING!

When you're drunk driving and you cause the crash, you are responsible! When you're drunk, your reflexes aren't what they normally are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 02:58 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
She was .21 and driving very fast, that is a recipe for disaster. I guess you could say any high performance car is inherently dangerous when mixed with a drunk and reckless driver.
A Zamboni is also dangerous when someone is drunk driving on one. So is a Schwinn. So is a John Deere riding lawn mower. Drunk driving is the problem. Not the vehicle. Drunk people wrap pickups around telephone poles where I live. Had a minivan cut in half last year by a drunk.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
He should sue himself, for not teaching his daughter drinking and drive is stupid and deadly!

I wonder if the boss's family is suing this father for letting his daughter kill him?
I think you were being facetious but I think there is actually a grain of truth in what you are saying.

Maybe this father does feel just a little guilty that he was unable to teach his daughter common sense about drunk driving. Maybe he feels just a little responsible in that respect.

As for "had she been in another vehicle she would have been alive," that won't hold up in court because it's impossible to prove. He has no crystal ball to tell him that. It's all speculation, possibly true but not really provable. Had she been driving a Sherman Tank she may have survived. She would have had to have been going slower than in the Tesla and would have been protected by the armor but it's still all second guessing.

I don't believe he has a case but it will be interesting to see what happens if it goes to court.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:25 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think you were being facetious but I think there is actually a grain of truth in what you are saying.

Maybe this father does feel just a little guilty that he was unable to teach his daughter common sense about drunk driving. Maybe he feels just a little responsible in that respect.

As for "had she been in another vehicle she would have been alive," that won't hold up in court because it's impossible to prove. He has no crystal ball to tell him that. It's all speculation, possibly true but not really provable. Had she been driving a Sherman Tank she may have survived. She would have had to have been going slower than in the Tesla and would have been protected by the armor but it's still all second guessing.

I don't believe he has a case but it will be interesting to see what happens if it goes to court.
I was being facetious. While I feel Tesla is not necessarily in the wrong, I bet they will settle out of court for a few million.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:56 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
I know someone else already mentioned it, but Meadow Walker also blamed the car that Paul Walker was driving.

Everyone who replied saying they can't believe the dad is blaming Tesla, no one wants to believe that your loved one caused their own death, so they find something else to blame.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:29 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I know someone else already mentioned it, but Meadow Walker also blamed the car that Paul Walker was driving.

Everyone who replied saying they can't believe the dad is blaming Tesla, no one wants to believe that your loved one caused their own death, so they find something else to blame.

Not a true statement at all.

I live in Southern CA and several months ago 3 young people were killed due to drunk and reckless driving(same thing hit a pole), the mother of the guy driving while very upset was interviewed on the news said her son(who was among the deceased) shouldn't have been behind the wheel.

I know a family whose 29 year old son died of a heroin overdose, nice looking young man to. He had been battling this problem for years, they didn't blame anyone else, not even the person who supplied him.

This man is just making a bad situation worse. I suspect he is looking for a payday, maybe to cover the expensive destination wedding that was supposed to occur in Key West, and most likely has been paid for.

Old 02-15-2017, 08:39 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
A Zamboni is also dangerous when someone is drunk driving on one. So is a Schwinn. So is a John Deere riding lawn mower. Drunk driving is the problem. Not the vehicle. Drunk people wrap pickups around telephone poles where I live. Had a minivan cut in half last year by a drunk.
I have no argument against that. This isn't a good example to say whether or not Tesla's are dangerous cars.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:46 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
The father is probably scared the Bosses family will sue him so he's placing the blame on the car. Man up dad, your kid killed herself and someone else. DON'T DRINK and DRIVE!

Old 02-16-2017, 04:48 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
The father is probably scared the Bosses family will sue him so he's placing the blame on the car. Man up dad, your kid killed herself and someone else. DON'T DRINK and DRIVE!
Silliness. You don't sue the family of 27 year old lawyers for their child's behavior. And the boss and car owner is present and obviously gave her permission to drive knowing she was impaired.

The role of drink and the wrong way driver are still not clear. Was she driving recklessly? How fast? Could a competent and sober driver have avoided the accident? All that is still unclear.

Old 02-16-2017, 02:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Sue him?

She was 27 not 17, he has no liability in this at all.

What he probably does have is the cost of the very expensive destination wedding planned for Sept, and since is has a location already picked out, paid for by daddy.

So maybe he is trying to get that covered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events