Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 05:45 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times

Advertisements

I know where I wish I had gone to school now, lol.

You mean I get to put my hands on girls that are not my gf??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
That's common at that age. Not so much with adults.
Maybe common at the 7th grade level, but not in high school. Boys on average mature later, but on average will surpass girls in size and strength by mid-teens.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
I think it is time that girls and boys sports were just combined and the scholarships for college would just start picking the best of the best. There should be no "girls" basketball for example. If there is no gender roles at all, that needs to be gone. Just let the girls compete with the boys. Track is a good example. Why have a girls track team when you can just have one. Enjoy.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:31 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think it is time that girls and boys sports were just combined and the scholarships for college would just start picking the best of the best. There should be no "girls" basketball for example. If there is no gender roles at all, that needs to be gone. Just let the girls compete with the boys. Track is a good example. Why have a girls track team when you can just have one. Enjoy.
Don't know much about sports do you?

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,001,883 times
Normal whereI'm from for years, no issues whatsoever. The girls quite often kick butt. And it's hard to stay aroused when you're fighting for your life.

Also, it's surprisingly common for straight men to get non-sexual erections when wrestling. Testosterone, nitric oxide and whatnot.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:33 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,833,444 times
It's been allowed for years in many states. The girls you see that have some success are typically at the lower weight classes- far easier to find an athletic 110 pound girl than a 110 pound boy.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I don't think this topic is new in schools. .but it is obviously new to this forum.
Sportsmanship and being a part of a team promotes a level of maturity, respect, and self confidence.
Again, speaking as a mother who has witnessed
The self confidence and self worth in my 13 yr old daughter explode to great heights because she has been exposed to competing with the opposite gender, this story is not new.
Since 4 she has competed against girls and boys women and MEN in TKD (2nd degree black belt), Krav Maga, soccer,
Kick boxing, self defense and now Wrestling.
People get your head out of the gutter.

Yes an ugly can of worms if she is touched inappropriately. But Steve, why even go there?
You asked why can't she just join a girls team?
BECAUSE there aren't enough girls at that level to start a team.
Her action to claim discrimination will get the organization to reach out and open the sport up to girls at the middle school level.
It has to start some where correct?
Gliah, in an ideal world, I understand what you're saying. However, in reality, I think there are potential issues with a close contact sport like wrestling. I has nothing to do with one's mind in the gutter or anything in that line of thought but as I outlined before in detail, anyone(I'd bet 100% it's the parents who pushed/initiated this) who sues for "discrimination" in frivolous matters like this in my view has too much time on their hands/is likely to be overly sensitive about other matters to sue about like one of these girls claiming they were touched inappropriately during wresting....doesn't matter what the crowd/couch/whoever saw/didn't see or what did happen/didn't happen, it's the word of the girl that alone can get a lawsuit/complaint in motion right away. And it's a shame one has to think in these terms but it's the reality of the world we live in, a big time litigious society.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Since wrestling is set up by weight classes it's ideal for girls and boys to compete against one another. There are plenty of excellent female wrestlers who can easily hold their own.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:25 PM

151 posts, read 193,826 times
Since there's a co-ed wrestling team, sooner or later they'll have co-ed bathrooms.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:14 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Utah girls wrestle on junior high team amid gender discrimination lawsuit | Fox News

What could possibly go wrong here with hormones raging in teens, etc. And what do you bet if one of the girls claims they were touched "wrong" by a boy she is wrestling with there will be another lawsuit against the boy/his parents? I see an ugly can of worms here.

How about setting up a girls wrestle team so they can wrestle other girls?
Boys and girls have wrestled each other for years now. Why is this news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events