Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 02:03 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

Utah girls wrestle on junior high team amid gender discrimination lawsuit | Fox News

What could possibly go wrong here with hormones raging in teens, etc. And what do you bet if one of the girls claims they were touched "wrong" by a boy she is wrestling with there will be another lawsuit against the boy/his parents? I see an ugly can of worms here.

How about setting up a girls wrestle team so they can wrestle other girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
The weight classes will keep most matches from happening like the story says, but in the event one does...whatever. if some boy tries to touch her "wrong" in front of a ref and a live audience of spectators, than that is on him - otherwise it is just game on. I'd hate to have to wrestle against a girl though. There's just no upside win or lose.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:26 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
The weight classes will keep most matches from happening like the story says, but in the event one does...whatever. if some boy tries to touch her "wrong" in front of a ref and a live audience of spectators, than that is on him - otherwise it is just game on. I'd hate to have to wrestle against a girl though. There's just no upside win or lose.
That was just one example of which I think there are many in the "can of worms" I brought up in my OP when we get into this "discrimination" path. Since she's a girl and apparently wanted to wrestle on the boys wrestle team, where does this "discrimination" mentality end? Parents of the boys suing to get into the girls scouts? Girls suing to be a member of the boy scouts? Boys who want to play on the girls school volleyball team and vice versa? So again, I see this opening up far more matters as if the door is cracked open, one can't turn down legally/argue against the examples I've given. So perhaps the answer here is make everything coed, there is no gender anymore, and we are all the same and let it ride as that?

Old 02-17-2017, 02:38 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
When my Son was wrestling in h.s. there were around 6 girls in their region (1 on his team); he graduated in 2006. During his 4 years wrestling there were no issues with the females. Some of the girls beat the hell out of the boys.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:42 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
When there are professional people running and participating, it doesn't happen.
My 13 yr old is involved in wrestling. She loves the sport,
And there is respect all the way around.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:54 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
That was just one example of which I think there are many in the "can of worms" I brought up in my OP when we get into this "discrimination" path. Since she's a girl and apparently wanted to wrestle on the boys wrestle team, where does this "discrimination" mentality end? Parents of the boys suing to get into the girls scouts? Girls suing to be a member of the boy scouts? Boys who want to play on the girls school volleyball team and vice versa? So again, I see this opening up far more matters as if the door is cracked open, one can't turn down legally/argue against the examples I've given. So perhaps the answer here is make everything coed, there is no gender anymore, and we are all the same and let it ride as that?

I mean if she wants to do it and can hold her own against boys her weight then go for it. I'm not really concerned that some girl is going through this trouble of working out, making a team, getting a match just so she can yell sexual assault because some guy grabs her boob or crotch. The guys grabs each other in those places all the time and not in a pervy way (and they don't really grab, but we all know there will be some form of contact). So she can either deal with it or not wrestle boys.

As far as team sports go, we have boys teams and girls teams for volleyball, basketball, etc...so again I don't see how this opens up doors for people to destroy or sue these sports into something less than what they are today.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:55 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Aka "pre-marital training."

Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Ew wrestle with a girl? They have cooties. And I feel for the boy when the girl wins.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:41 PM

787 posts, read 644,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Utah girls wrestle on junior high team amid gender discrimination lawsuit | Fox News

What could possibly go wrong here with hormones raging in teens, etc. And what do you bet if one of the girls claims they were touched "wrong" by a boy she is wrestling with there will be another lawsuit against the boy/his parents? I see an ugly can of worms here.

How about setting up a girls wrestle team so they can wrestle other girls?
I take offense to this statement.

Since when did raging hormones become a teen only thing as you imply here?

My hormones are redlining 24/7 and I'm in my 30s.

Where did you and your testorterone levels go wrong?

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Ewwww gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events