Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 07:00 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,520,193 times

Advertisements

New All-Male Version of Hooters Restaurant Opening - Metro News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 08:16 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,788,182 times
If this is real, I say it is destined to fail. The novelty will wear off pretty quickly and I doubt there is much room for expansion. I applaud them for doing something different. Just think, now you have to guess who got the hair in your food AND where it came from. lol

Old 04-26-2015, 08:19 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,037,675 times
I think it should have been called "Wieners" and have them in speedos.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:19 AM

7,894 posts, read 12,600,056 times
So is this place catering to women or homosexual men? My guess it will be much more popular with the latter than women.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,249,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I think it should have been called "Wieners" and have them in speedos.

I have to agree with you.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:27 AM

5,774 posts, read 5,058,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
So is this place catering to women or homosexual men? My guess it will be much more popular with the latter than women.
And...it'll be a huge financial success because the gay guys have massive (no pun) disposable income. No little nose-pickers to save money for, and so they can splurge on all those hot weiner dishes.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
And...it'll be a huge financial success because the gay guys have massive (no pun) disposable income. No little nose-pickers to save money for, and so they can splurge on all those hot weiner dishes.
Agreed however the linked article makes it seem as if they think the place will cater to women....

Quote "While we couldn’t be more delighted with the name, and we applaud their efforts to level the sexist playing field, we’re not sure how we feel about chowing down on our sticky ribs with all that pasty skin and Spandex-wrapped peen in our eye-line." Unquote.

I do not think it will "Level the sexist playing field" as much it will provide eye candy for the "other team" of men.

I have nothing against homosexual people; I understand that they were born that way. I wonder if all these young guys applying to be waiters understand what the clientel will consist of.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:44 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,199,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
If this is real, I say it is destined to fail. The novelty will wear off pretty quickly and I doubt there is much room for expansion.

I don't know about that, really depends on the location they've chosen.

Gay strip joints certainly have turned out to be successful ventures in some American communities, this is just a spinoff of that business plan and could make its owners money.

But location and effectively marketing the plan to the targeted community of customers is the key.

Just putting ads on KDKA radio or ESPN football games isn't going to work. Maybe ads in the church bulletins of gay friendly churches might work?

Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 AM

I've been to Hooters one time and only because a buddy of mine INSISTED on getting a beer there. It was one of the most pathetic place I have ever been to.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:05 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,419,974 times
This will be an epic fail with self-respecting females. Our fight for equality rages on, but this really isn't what we had in mind. The only wiener we want to see in a restaurant is the one on our plate. More power to the owners, but most of us will dine elsewhere.

This is bound to become a hangout for young, giggling, ogling gay males. Straight employees will eventually quit. Gays will replace them. Before long this Hooters will be equated with the gay bath houses. I don't think the owner has thought this through, but greed and profit tends to cloud the vision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events