Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:35 PM

21,685 posts, read 24,867,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I'm not sure why he got out of the car either. He had a reverse gear and bikes behind him. I would have pushed the bikes behind out of the way and then made of the nearest populated area.
Wouldn't really help. See what happened in NY?

I absolutely would not have gotten out either, and once things turned violent, whatever happens, happens. Box me in and I'll simply drive over you. The problem is that only works if you can get away at least long enough until the cops can respond which rush hour traffic... It looks clear in the video but that's because they've been holding up traffic so they can do wheelies on the freeway. Trying to drive past them was stupid mistake #1. Getting out was stupid mistake #2. I haven't seen it personally with bikers but I've been stuck behind sideshows on the freeway. You do not try and get by. At least they're smart enough to not try and do them during rush hour though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 03:28 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,151,738 times
Some day, they're going to mess with someone who has a gun...and won't be afraid to use it. Then we'll get to hear about what nice good people they were.

Don't forget -- one of the news stations figured out a cop was behind one of these jagoff groups. Oh..ex-cop...

Old 03-12-2017, 03:55 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,342,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
It's sound advice to, whenever possible, stay back or even head in a different direction and simply call law enforcement.

The moment a gang of people surround my vehicle and begin attempting to disable it or gain entry, however, I will use my vehicle defensively as a weapon. Where doing so alone proves insufficient to neutralize the threat, I will absolutely begin to shoot people in their order of proximity if they continue to approach or attack. It's that simple.
This post was probably meant to be serious, but I got a good laugh out of this.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:21 PM

6,445 posts, read 6,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Some day, they're going to mess with someone who has a gun...and won't be afraid to use it. Then we'll get to hear about what nice good people they were.

Don't forget -- one of the news stations figured out a cop was behind one of these jagoff groups. Oh..ex-cop...
I'd bet 95% of them are carrying/packing while doing this. You run over one of them, then you and your vehicle become Swiss cheese. It's a no win situation.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:01 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,227,683 times
where's an automatic weapon when you need one?

Old 03-12-2017, 06:05 PM

3,746 posts, read 4,061,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
It's sound advice to, whenever possible, stay back or even head in a different direction and simply call law enforcement.

The moment a gang of people surround my vehicle and begin attempting to disable it or gain entry, however, I will use my vehicle defensively as a weapon. Where doing so alone proves insufficient to neutralize the threat, I will absolutely begin to shoot people in their order of proximity if they continue to approach or attack. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I don't know what is so funny. I think it is a good plan; just another reason to carry a gun.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:42 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,267,718 times
Call it Flash Mob biker style. Mostly Black youths it must be said. What happens is a quick warm up around Hayes Valley streets around Fillmore, then join up with some others to meet on the highways. Seeing it more and more now on SF roads and highways. They are as reckless as you can get. Groups of bikers, on dirt bikes and atvs , pulling wheelies and running red lights with not a care in the world. If a police car does get involved , these bikes can take off and never be found.

In San Francisco, there is actually talk of providing free food and gas to these bikers. The idea being , they just need some support in their pastimes , since some might have come from broken homes. (sarcasm off)

Old 03-12-2017, 08:25 PM

3,253 posts, read 2,090,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I won't lie, I chuckled after reading it back to myself. But yes it was meant to be serious. I refuse to be maimed or killed over wanton disregard for life or intentional savagery. I won't accept it lying down, and no one else should either. I've defended others as well as myself a few times in my life during serious altercations, and I cannot imagine having sat idly by in hindsight. It's not right, and individuals within a civilized society shouldn't accept it.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,545,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

Yes, that most well-known video from about a year and a half ago, showed one biker slamming-away at the driver's window with a hard object. That person was a cop and had an unusual group of friends, for off-duty fun. On-duty now, in the Big House.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:46 PM

783 posts, read 572,581 times
Another reason not to live in a city that doesn't allow you to defend yourself reasonably.

In a sane world, a few of these idiots would be dead and the world would be that much safer. But in San Francisco, where I lived for a time, the criminals get away and leave a regular guy lying in the street bleeding. But as one person said earlier, one day they are going to be taking a road trip to Texas or Oklahoma and they're going to mess with the wrong person. On that day, I'd like to buy that wrong person a cold beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events