Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:55 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZMpac View Post
The short answer is yes, on many levels it is ignorant and emotional. You dont have to like hunting or want any part of it, but being categorically against legal, regulated hunting is an emotional position, not a rational one. And if you really want to put your money where your mouth is, stopping eating, wearing, or using anything that is made with or from and animal products.

Also to all you morally upright citizens who are making light of the gruesome death of a father and lawful hunter? Despicable. That would be no different than me celebrating the death of a vegetarian who died of plant poisoning, anaphylaxis, or was killed by a fallen tree. "Serves them right!!!"
That may be your categorization but don't expect to pass it off as a universal truth. The bolded is a simplistic statement used to divert from the topic at hand or by those unable to differentiate between animals raised as a crop that would not otherwise exist and those free in nature that would remain free except for those who have a desire to hang their heads on the wall.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:23 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
People are more important than animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
That may be your categorization but don't expect to pass it off as a universal truth. The bolded is a simplistic statement used to divert from the topic at hand or by those unable to differentiate between animals raised as a crop that would not otherwise exist and those free in nature that would remain free except for those who have a desire to hang their heads on the wall.
I don't even like that animals who would not otherwise exist are raised as a crop, but that's another topic. The fact that the now-dead bigshot hunter man is grinning like a clown in photo after photo with the creatures he killed for fun and profit tells me all I need to know about his character. Stop with the boo-hooing over him being a father. What kind of people were his children learning to be with that sort of disrespect for life? Perhaps this will alter their course and make them into better adults than was the man who sired them.

And no, not everyone thinks that people are more important than animals. How arrogant.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 04-28-2017 at 04:53 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 06:31 PM

504 posts, read 299,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't even like that animals who would not otherwise exist are raised as a crop, but that's another topic. The fact that the now-dead bigshot hunter man is grinning like a clown in photo after photo with the creatures he killed for fun and profit tells me all I need to know about his character. Stop with the boo-hooing over him being a father. What kind of people were his children learning to be with that sort of disrespect for life? Perhaps this will alter their course and make them into better adults than was the man who sired them.

And no, not everyone thinks that people are more important than animals. How arrogant.
My children ate moose or deer most years. Most, not all, as it is called hunting, not shooting. My son now helps provide for the winter. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77
People are more important than animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I totally agree.
Why? What is so special about a human being that places them ahead of an animal? The answer might be obvious but I'd still like to hear it.

As for the thread topic, as callous as this might sound, I didn't know the hunter existed until this thread appeared so I'd be lying if I said that I cared that he was taken by one of the very animals that HE planned to take. As for his family, I don't know them either.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
My children ate moose or deer most years. Most, not all, as it is called hunting, not shooting. My son now helps provide for the winter. Do you have a problem with that?
Nope. That has not changed since we had this conversation a day or two ago. I would prefer that no one ate animals, but I ate them most of my life so I can't tell anyone else what to do.

As I already made clear the first time, hunting for one's meat is a more honest way to obtain food than factory farming.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:43 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
That's what reptiles call a "croc" monsieur.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:27 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
When asked for comment the crocodiles said "tastes like chicken"....

Old 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Apparently the Crocodiles hang his head on the wall as a trophy.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:39 AM

504 posts, read 299,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
When asked for comment the crocodiles said "tastes like chicken"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Apparently the Crocodiles hang his head on the wall as a trophy.
Sick individuals who would joke about a human's death.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,920,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Sick individuals who would joke about a human's death.
Not a particularly nice human from what I can work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events