Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 07:24 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times

Advertisements

Well, the silver lining is that nasty excuse for a human being probably about won't have much longer to live, and he certainly won't be starring in any movies or TV shows ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 07:41 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,952,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Well, the silver lining is that nasty excuse for a human being probably about won't have much longer to live, and he certainly won't be starring in any movies or TV shows ever.
Thankfully his career as a super dad is over. It must have been sickening for his victims to see his hollywood persona and know that he's a fraud who preys on young women for his sexual gratification.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:44 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,542,629 times
Well the Cash Grab is over, nothing to see here

Old 06-17-2017, 07:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,029,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
These women should have filed charges 10, 20, 30 years ago when it happened.

I have serious doubts about all the charges.
I don't know how old you are, and I'm not sure about maybe 10 years ago, but rest assured 20, 30 years ago, women who supported themselves did NOT report this kind of thing. They needed the job. If they did report it, they were ridiculed and every little thing about their past was brought to the forefront. God help them if they ever flirted, wore a provocative dress, or laughed an embarrassed kind of laugh.

Believe me, I've been there, done that. 20, 30 years ago, it was always, ALWAYS the fault of the woman.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:55 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Thankfully his career as a super dad is over. It must have been sickening for his victims to see his hollywood persona and know that he's a fraud who preys on young women for his sexual gratification.
Take it all with a grain of salt. As an example virtually all the The US Presidents in the last 100 years could not keep their Penis in allowed territory. And we still think well of most.
'
The drug Cosbey purportedly used caused libido enhancement making sex better. Real?...who knows...but they believed it in the 70s

Yeah Cosbey was a dirty old man...but no crime there.

And do not let me mislead. I do not support his behavior. But I think we get carried away. That sweet young things spread on the audition coach is a fact of life. My ex Assistant who has a significant voice, still wonders if she did not blow her career because she chose not to couch... But she will never know.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I don't know how old you are, and I'm not sure about maybe 10 years ago, but rest assured 20, 30 years ago, women who supported themselves did NOT report this kind of thing. They needed the job. If they did report it, they were ridiculed and every little thing about their past was brought to the forefront. God help them if they ever flirted, wore a provocative dress, or laughed an embarrassed kind of laugh.

Believe me, I've been there, done that. 20, 30 years ago, it was always, ALWAYS the fault of the woman.
Roe V Wade was in 1973 (abortion legal in first trimester). This, the birth control pill, and the right for rape victims to exclude sexual history from rape trials - it all happened around the same time. Prior to this, a complaint of rape resulted in the woman's entire sexual history exposed in the courtroom as proof that she consented.

Things have changed a lot.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Take it all with a grain of salt. As an example virtually all the The US Presidents in the last 100 years could not keep their Penis in allowed territory. And we still think well of most.
'
The drug Cosbey purportedly used caused libido enhancement making sex better. Real?...who knows...but they believed it in the 70s

Yeah Cosbey was a dirty old man...but no crime there.

And do not let me mislead. I do not support his behavior. But I think we get carried away. That sweet young things spread on the audition coach is a fact of life. My ex Assistant who has a significant voice, still wonders if she did not blow her career because she chose not to couch... But she will never know.
Did any of those USA Presidents drug young women to facilitate sexual intercourse without receiving consent prior to the use of quaaludes?

Let's forget the fact that both Cosby and his lesbian victim have very successful lives and focus on admitted facts. Cosby used quaaludes to drug women for sex. One of them was drugged for sex without giving prior uncoerced consent. That's a problem.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:37 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Well we've known for years that white cops can get away with killing unarmed black men and black men have no value. I guess we're even?
Blacks kill blacks daily , no big deal.. blacks don't say anything.

Blacks got their dead cops.. many of them , black and white. They went hunting to kill cops .. BLM shouted, what do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now! they are still shooting cops . Those thugs who got shot deserved it.. those who did not, the cops should go to jail!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blacks kill blacks daily , no big deal.. blacks don't say anything.

Blacks got their dead cops.. many of them , black and white. They went hunting to kill cops .. BLM shouted, what do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now! they are still shooting cops . Those thugs who got shot deserved it.. those who did not, the cops should go to jail!
I thought I was on the wrong thread when I read that!. If you want to discuss nationality, it looks like the rapist is black and the victim is white, surprisingly true to stereotypical attitudes. Cosby has done his race a disservice.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,341,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Did any of those USA Presidents drug young women to facilitate sexual intercourse without receiving consent prior to the use of quaaludes?

Let's forget the fact that both Cosby and his lesbian victim have very successful lives and focus on admitted facts. Cosby used quaaludes to drug women for sex. One of them was drugged for sex without giving prior uncoerced consent. That's a problem.
Some were long standing illicit relations. Some certainly drugged the woman involved. Men have been plying women with wine and song since time immemorial. Quaalude was purported to make them horney not unconscious. So the drug per se is not one that caused loss of control. Alcohol however can cause loss of control and sometimes consciousness.

You still seem to be driving that Cosbey did something outside of the social norms of the time. He was clearly a dirty old man in his later years but I don't know that was true earlier. Sweet young things pursuing careers make obvious offers to those who can help them past the gates .

It was forever thus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events