Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 06:31 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,916,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
SHE WALKED STRAIGHT INTO IT!!!!!!!

No peripheral vision was required, just two eyes open, looking where you are going.

"It just blends right in." What a load of bull poop.

I have a feeling that one day you're going to stumble over something and fall, then say out loud to yourself "damn.... I didn't even SEE that!!"

I won't laugh at you when it happens, though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
I don't find it particularly amusing and I don't see anything to feel superior about. It doesn't matter if she has 20/20 vision or is legally blind, she should have been paying attention to where she was going. If her phone call, text, or whatever was so compelling, she should have stepped to one side and handled it. I am glad she wasn't seriously injured, but she truly brought this on herself.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Normally, I would laugh at someone falling in a fountain or something while texting "serves 'em right!" but this time... no. I feel bad for this lady. She is an older woman and frankly, there should be some sort of markings on those things. It just blends right in. Kind of hard to see out of peripheral vision, I would think. Hopefully, she's learned her lesson, but I sure hope she recovers quickly.
Yes, she is.

A woman old enough to know better. It's one thing if it's a teen or early 20s, they can't put the phone down.

She was most likely raised with "look both ways before crossing the street", that also includes "look where you're going".

Old 06-10-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, she is.

A woman old enough to know better. It's one thing if it's a teen or early 20s, they can't put the phone down.

She was most likely raised with "look both ways before crossing the street", that also includes "look where you're going".
A teen or someone in their early 20's can't put the phone down?
I haven't yet heard of that disorder. It magically disappears once you hit your mid 20's?
Weird.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:07 PM

783 posts, read 576,018 times
♪♪ 'Cause I'm freeeeeeeeee....Free fallin'.... ♪♪

Old 06-10-2017, 07:29 PM

903 posts, read 862,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
A teen or someone in their early 20's can't put the phone down?
I haven't yet heard of that disorder. It magically disappears once you hit your mid 20's?
Weird.
We've had a couple of new hires at my company terminated due to being unable to stop updating their social media. Pretty sad that they would throw away a career over that. All of them have been Millenials.

Old 06-10-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
We've had a couple of new hires at my company terminated due to being unable to stop updating their social media. Pretty sad that they would throw away a career over that. All of them have been Millenials.
Yeah, that's crazy.

I'd love to send them all back to the 70's and watch them all totally freak out.
"What? What is this curly cord? Why is the phone connected to the wall? I have to go out, what do you mean I can't take the phone? There's no internet? What? I have to go the library and look stuff up? What are you talking about? omg! I'm in HELL!!!!"

Old 06-10-2017, 08:01 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,246,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I don't think its ever funny when people fall.

They get hurt, what is funny about that.
America's Funniest Home Videos called to say you're wrong.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:07 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,306,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
You're wrong for that. HAHAHAHAHA

I was thinking there should be cones or even a barricade up but apparently it's a fairly common way to load stock for your business in the city.

I really don't see how she should be able to sue. Sorry. Now they'll be making it illegal to text and walk. Like the "don't use your blow dryer in the shower" label. UGH (here's your sign)

Old 06-10-2017, 09:32 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Sorry but this looks soooooo bogus if you see one of the longer videos. She didn't always have her phone out. She was walking so slow and couldn't stop? Was she calling her lawyer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events