Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:19 PM

510 posts, read 499,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No one is judging him. He admitted to stealing the poster from a restricted area. There's never been a question about his guilt. The only question pertains to his horrendous sentence by the NKs, and now about his coma. I don't know that we'll ever find out the truth about that.

Stay out of North Korea. That's sound advice. Personally, I have no desire to travel beyond America's borders.
The only thing we know at this time is he read a "confession" admitting to stealing a poster and very grainy video. The confession was written in such a bizarre manner and with very unnatural English you do not have to be an expert in forensics to think hmmm I wonder if this rouge state which has a history of detaining foreign nationals, including kidnapping 13 Japanese citizens during the 70s and 80s maybe, just maybe, picked a young, handsome, All-American looking student as a means to use as a bargaining chip for sanction talks or perhaps as a means to inject hard currency into their coffers. You know, something they've done in the past. Several times. It isn't too hard to believe they would send him home as a vegetable to keep him from talking. Unless you actually take forced confessions as gospel there is no reason to believe anything coming directly from North Korea is true.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,546 times
Hard to feel sorry for the guy. Typical "my daddy will sue you" type. Then it all got real.

Like these snowflakes that go into the Congo to help then get raped with HIV. What's wrong with these people? It's the Congo. Sometimes all one can do it tip a beer towards Darwinism.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:15 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.c...s/amp/40264468

And among many burning, unanswerable questions I've had on this topic, the burning question I have now is: How did he get into a coma?? I wish details were available. but hey, we're dealing with N Korea here
My burning question: why would anyone be dumb enough to go there?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Hard to feel sorry for the guy. Typical "my daddy will sue you" type. Then it all got real.

Like these snowflakes that go into the Congo to help then get raped with HIV. What's wrong with these people? It's the Congo. Sometimes all one can do it tip a beer towards Darwinism.
Hans, this is a pretty illogical post. The folks you are talking about go to the Congo and you think they're snowflakes. I bet you don't have the guts.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:12 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,397,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hans, this is a pretty illogical post. The folks you are talking about go to the Congo and you think they're snowflakes. I bet you don't have the guts.
He has the brains and common sense NOT to go to The Congo! What's with all this volunteering, anyways? Stay where you belong. To go where you don't belong, are not welcome, are not needed, thinking you are going to somehow save them, is completely ridiculous! Leave all that to their own countries and professional organizations, not a bunch of idiot volunteers who really don't know what they're doing.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:32 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Did no one here ever make a foolish decision when young? I am very sad for the lack of compassion by a few here.

I made 1000 stupid decisions while I was young. "There but for the Grace of God", and all that.[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Foolish decisions like taking a pack of cookies from a bodega, yeah... WIllingly going to maybe the USA's worst enemy and then having the audacity to want to play a PRANK....I'm not sure I want someone that dumb on the streets of the United States.

I'm tired of the US bailing people out for raw stupidity. It's not people are getting airlifted out of their homes in Ohio, ect and getting transported to these countries. I still can't believe we gave 400 million bucks for 4 idiot Iranian hostages. ughhhh

The USA is not Mr Myagi, bailing people out all the got damm time

Old 06-14-2017, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
He has the brains and common sense NOT to go to The Congo! What's with all this volunteering, anyways? Stay where you belong. To go where you don't belong, are not welcome, are not needed, thinking you are going to somehow save them, is completely ridiculous! Leave all that to their own countries and professional organizations, not a bunch of idiot volunteers who really don't know what they're doing.
Marylee: First of all, I'm not suggesting people go to the Congo. Nor am I suggesting they not go. I'm just saying that if they're going to the Congo, they're not snowflakes. I'm curious as to what you expertise about the Congo is. You act as if you know all about it.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:29 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Stay out of North Korea. That's sound advice. Personally, I have no desire to travel beyond America's borders.

Can't argue with your stay out of N.K. advice, you could not unreasonably apply that advice for a lot of muslim countries too, whether you're American, or just plain western, but not travelling beyond America's borders sounds a bit extreme.
I'd think that Canada would be pretty safe for an American, even Europe.
I accept that we've had some terrorist activity in the recent past over here, but you're probably as safe here in Europe, as you are in Little Rock, AR, and Oklahoma City, OK.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sol View Post
Poor kid. He made a dumb mistake and it ruined his life.
He's not a "kid". he's an adult. And that wasn't just a "dumb mistake", it was a full-blown Darwin decision. All that's missing was "Hold my beer and watch this".

Old 06-14-2017, 05:45 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,926,302 times
LOL at all these ignorant people who willingly believe North Korean propaganda. It's highly unlikely that he stole a poster. He went with Young Pioneer Tours, a company based in mainland China with beautiful glowing all-5-star reviews on the travel sites, gushing with praise for the company and for beautiful North Korea.

It's all propaganda. It's a sleazy outfit that allowed a young man to be arbitrarily arrested, tortured, and effectively brain damaged. If he's truly been in a coma for multiple months, his brain is probably damaged beyond repair. You don't come back from that.

Botulism, seriously? Botulism is a bacterium you get from tainted canned food. It's deadly if not treated. OK, so maybe he contracted botulism. Then they treated it with a sleeping pill? This is nonsensical.

North Korea is a horrible, absolute dictatorship that some day is either going to destroy the rest of Asia along with the West Coast of the U.S., or we're going to have to destroy them. It may happen in a few months, or in a few years, but it's going to happen. Don't go there. Please, don't go there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events