Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:04 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times

Advertisements

I've been following this incident on Facebook and I'm amazed at the number of idiots who think this biker performed some sort of Hell's Angels pit maneuver, causing the car to lose control.

There was obviously beef between the biker and driver prior to the video start. The biker had every right to be in the HOV lane and the drive appears to be solo. He appears to be easing over into the HOV lane crowding the bike. It looks obvious because there is no lapse between the kick and the drivers attempt to run the bike into the wall.

It's a driver's responsibility to give motorcyclists the required berth. He clearly wasn't doing so and that looked intentional.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
There's more videos of this story:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gm_Bnx2_X6Y

Old 06-23-2017, 07:53 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Looks like the car driver was trying to retaliate, but what's caught on camera looks like the instigator is the motorcyclist, I'm sure when this goes to court, the motorcyclist will be at fault. Everything seems to be a chain reaction based on his actions.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:35 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Looks like the car driver was trying to retaliate, but what's caught on camera looks like the instigator is the motorcyclist, I'm sure when this goes to court, the motorcyclist will be at fault. Everything seems to be a chain reaction based on his actions.
I agree. I hope I get picked for the jury.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:38 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I would hope that they would figure out what happened prior to the video. I would bet that the driver of the car started the chain of events, and the driver of the car was ultimately the one that could not let the road rage end and had to retaliate. With the exception of the kick, which could not be significant as he did not even lose his balance, the motorcycle rider maintained a smooth and steady ride as the car spun out of control.

My previous insurance experience tells me that the driver of the car was at fault.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,017 times
Looks like the car's fault to me. Some snowflake trying to be a badass

Old 06-23-2017, 08:54 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I would hope that they would figure out what happened prior to the video. I would bet that the driver of the car started the chain of events, and the driver of the car was ultimately the one that could not let the road rage end and had to retaliate. With the exception of the kick, which could not be significant as he did not even lose his balance, the motorcycle rider maintained a smooth and steady ride as the car spun out of control.

My previous insurance experience tells me that the driver of the car was at fault.
What's great here is that there's video. I agree that the driver looks like he tries to run over the bike, but the driver of the car can claim that he was just cruising along, and that suddenly there was a thump on his car, he panicked thinking he was getting in a wreck and over-corrected. I can certainly see a defense in there for the driver of the car.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:55 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
This video is absolutely nuts. A driver makes a lane change (illegal perhaps) into a lane with a motorcycle. The motorcyclist kicks the car, which, I assume startles the driver, who loses control, slams into the barrier, then slams into a pickup truck which flips over. The motorcyclist just keeps on going.

Road Rage Leads To Chain Reaction Crash Near Santa Clarita

The Youtube comments are full of people saying that the driver of the car is the one who caused the crash. I don't see how. People make bad lane changes all of the time. You generally don't try to hit them if you can avoid it. You honk your horn and slow down. And, to me, it looks like the motorcyclist could have easily avoided any contact with the car. He certainly had enough control to ride up next to the car and kick it.
I would have followed the biker and reported his sorry tail. Too bad he wasn't caught up in the wreck that he caused.

Some bikers seem to think it's okay to kick or hit someone or their car because we didn't see them. You don't want to die? Don't get on a bike. You are smaller than a car, period. It's not the cagers' fault you can't be seen.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:00 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
ban motorcycles you guys know one bad nut ruins entire batch so get rid of all of them
Luckily one of my favorite YouTube channels shows Darwin handling those kind of bikers quite impressively.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Luckily one of my favorite YouTube channels shows Darwin handling those kind of bikers quite impressively.
This will undoubtedly be a learning moment for both the car and bike rider. All those others involved, especially that poor guy in the pick-up, deserved none of this fallout from stupid behaviour on the part of two idiots thinking the highway is a jousting ring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events