Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2017, 11:59 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

What is up with some of these 'parents' these days?

Oregon woman put her kids in a plastic wagon, towed them with her car | Miami Herald

Quote:
Witnesses say they saw Donahue driving her car with the wagon attached to it by a strap or rope through traffic, police say. According to one witness, Donahue was reaching speeds of 30 miles per hour, and at one point, the wagon tipped so that it was up on two wheels, police told KVAL.

“That's when the littlest one started to cry,” Scott McKee, an officer with the Springfield Police Department, told KVAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 01:26 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
You might expect this type of thing from some immortal teenagers full of Dew or Red Bull. But a mother with kids in the single digit age range..... completely unbelievable.

I wonder if she gave any thought to what would happen if a distracted motorist behind her failed to see the wagonload of kids, and got too close behind her. Obviously she did not.

And the worst part is, she didn't think she was doing anything wrong. We can only hope her kids will live long enough to graduate high school and leave the nest.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:54 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
So one was a niece? Wonder what that mom thought of her little field trip.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:19 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
This happened a short distance from where I live and I've gone through this roundabout on a bicycle many times. The drivers around here are beyond crazy. It seems amazing that none of the kids were hurt. If I didn't practice defensive riding, I would have been picked-off long ago. I can imagine that when the parents of the other child learned about this, they were outraged.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:30 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
It is so hard for me not to be judgmental when I read stories like this --

BAD mom -- BAD!!

(It's no wonder that, after reading stories like these, that so many people advocate that people should pass some kind of parenting exam before being allowed to have kids.)

Old 07-19-2017, 04:57 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
You might expect this type of thing from some immortal teenagers full of Dew or Red Bull. But a mother with kids in the single digit age range..... completely unbelievable.

I wonder if she gave any thought to what would happen if a distracted motorist behind her failed to see the wagonload of kids, and got too close behind her. Obviously she did not.

And the worst part is, she didn't think she was doing anything wrong. We can only hope her kids will live long enough to graduate high school and leave the nest.
Scary to think of what else this woman thinks is "normal" The child protection authorities are going to be following up now....Might be a blessing for those babies.

I'd like to know if the parent of her nephew thought this was "ok"

In the pic the kids look terrified. Thank goodness the other motorists stopped her. What a frightening thing to see coming home from work.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
It is so hard for me not to be judgmental when I read stories like this --

BAD mom -- BAD!!

(It's no wonder that, after reading stories like these, that so many people advocate that people should pass some kind of parenting exam before being allowed to have kids.)
To quote a song lyric, " I been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding. "

Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
When I lived in Portland, there was a guy who used to tote his baby around in some sort of makeshift wagon attached to his bicycle. It wasn't anything he bought you could tell. It did not look very stable at all. Another lady strapped her little kids onto a board attached to the fender of her old bike. I used to see both of them riding down Hawthorne Blvd one of the busiest most congested streets in the city quite often. I used to think that if these kids were in a car without the proper car seats the parents would get fined so why on earth where they allowed to carry their toddlers and infants around in such a dangerous manner?

Old 07-22-2017, 03:49 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
When I lived in Portland, there was a guy who used to tote his baby around in some sort of makeshift wagon attached to his bicycle. It wasn't anything he bought you could tell. It did not look very stable at all. Another lady strapped her little kids onto a board attached to the fender of her old bike. I used to see both of them riding down Hawthorne Blvd one of the busiest most congested streets in the city quite often. I used to think that if these kids were in a car without the proper car seats the parents would get fined so why on earth where they allowed to carry their toddlers and infants around in such a dangerous manner?
Darwin at work. If those kids survive, they are among the fittest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events