Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:43 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So, we have a retired firefighter in his 60's that has clearly lived at least some sort of productive life and is now likely mentally ill or they'd have never made it that far. (I have no idea what race he is)

Then you roll up basically asserting that people not calling him a thug are racist.

No need to stare further into that abyss, you've reached the bottom.

I mean seriously, do we start accusing you of hating latinos?
So a white guy that shoots at people is likely mentally ill but a black guy that shoots at people is a violent thug? Do you really not see the racist double standard here?

Why do you automatically assume the old white guy has mental issues aka an excuse?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:49 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
So a white guy that shoots at people is likely mentally ill but a black guy that shoots at people is a violent thug? Do you really not see the racist double standard here?

Why do you automatically assume the old white guy has mental issues aka an excuse?
To me it's non-black vs. black and the black guy doesn't even have to shoot anyone to be a thug.

Lucky Whitehead got accused of shoplifting and it was "thug" this and "thug" that. Cowboys cut him and then the police admitted they had the wrong guy, and people made excuses like, "Well, he wasn't that good, anyways".

Black guy = thug for shoplifting
Non-black guy = probably mentally ill for shooting up an AT&T truck

But no, I'm the problem for noticing the difference.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:34 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:

I would like to see this answer as well.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:41 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,608,438 times
I'll bet a lotto ticket that he was on Paxil or similar drug.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:18 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think that a retired state worker earning a pension should lose all or some of that pension if they are convicted of a crime of this nature.
His pension was paid for either all or in part by him in the same manner he paid for his car and home; neither of which would be confiscated from him for committing a crime.

If you purchase something that is not purchased with the proceeds of a crime or the property/physical result of a crime; it's yours until it is adjudged necessary to be liquidated so as to pay fines or legal costs.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:40 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,812,975 times
Quote:
So a white guy that shoots at people is likely mentally ill but a black guy that shoots at people is a violent thug?
That's pretty much it.

Dehumanizing terms for the black man.

Pitiable comments on the poor white man's obvious illness.

Old 07-27-2017, 06:05 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
What a nutjob. He couldn't be that bored to do what he did but thankful no one was hurt. And how privileged to be let out so fast. Seriously, he should get mental help.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:56 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I would like to see this answer as well.
And what do ya know, no response to this.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:55 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
HIALEAH, FLA. (WSVN) - A retired Miami-Dade firefighter took extreme measures to get AT&T workers to remove their trucks from his property, Wednesday morning.

According to Hialeah Police, the AT&T utility employees Derrick Taylor and Gilberto Ramos were working on lines near a home located near the corner of Southeast Fifth Place and Sixth Avenue when 64-year-old Jorge Jove, came outside and approached them, at around 11 a.m.

“The owner of the house came out,” said Hialeah Police Sgt. Carl Zogby. “He was upset that the trucks were parked in front of his house, asked them to move.”

Police said Ramos and Taylor told Jove they would remove the vehicle as soon as they were finished with repairs, but that did not appear to satisfy him. “They said, ‘We’ll move in a few minutes. We’re just working on the poles. We’re supposed to be here,'” said Zogby. “He went back into his house, came out a few moments later with a gun and started firing at both AT&T trucks that were on the scene.”

The video is amazing the guy is completely calm, he just walks around the trucks firing at them
Hialeah man shoots out tires of AT&T truck outside home – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
Mmmm. This is scary. Gotta wonder what gets into people. I've noticed over time that elderly, retired people can be VERY over the top regarding anyone even coming close to being on their property. The area I used to live in was very rural, and out of state retired types were snapping up vacant and building houses. Up go the signs and fences, and problems abounded. One clown bought a swath of land that had a road on it people used to get to the BLM land on horses or with vehicles. He never built a thing on the land, however he did booby trap the road with spike traps.

No fences, no signs, just dead traps with steel, 10 inch spikes drove through rubber belting layer across the road with pit traps to either side. Well, it worked. He didn't hurt any tires, it wasn't a path used by vehicles but very rarely, but it was a horse path. He crippled two horses, one of them mine.

He was in serious trouble. Had to come up from his home in the Bay Area and answer up for booby trapping and two crippled horses having to be put down. There was a laundry list of charges. His "defense" was it was HIS property and he had an absolute right to keep people off of it. Uh huh. Perhaps, but not by using deadly traps, with no fences or posting on a path that had been used for decades before he came along. .

This is just one of dozens of cases I can cite, some also involving use of a firearm, and all by elderly, retired types from ur an areas out of state. They get very rabid about "trespassing". And don't know either the law or the community they've moved into. This causes a LOT of problems. And it's not a rare thing. Some folks just ain't got any intention of being neighborly when they move in.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:54 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
To me it's non-black vs. black and the black guy doesn't even have to shoot anyone to be a thug.

Lucky Whitehead got accused of shoplifting and it was "thug" this and "thug" that. Cowboys cut him and then the police admitted they had the wrong guy, and people made excuses like, "Well, he wasn't that good, anyways".

Black guy = thug for shoplifting
Non-black guy = probably mentally ill for shooting up an AT&T truck

But no, I'm the problem for noticing the difference.
Yea right. That girl that got detained for shoplifting (thread on this forum) is as white as a person can be, and people were calling her trash, thug, s*ut, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events