Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:00 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

Maybe this guy just has enough money to buy an alibi?

The bus driver has some awesome reflexes though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 09:27 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times
Funny how one of the news article comments I read said, "Bet this guy is probably in investment banking!" I guess he was right! Also, when I read the article, I initially thought it was in America, and was surprised it wasn't. Turns out the guy is an American.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
Some of these self-centered runners think the world should just make way for them, and that's what I felt I saw in this guy's body language, like, "Get out of my way, you stupid walker, can't you see I'm running here?"

I wasn't a bit surprised by this. Once when I was walking on a path around one of the the lakes in Minneapolis, I was shoved angrily to the side by a runner who apparently thought I wasn't getting out of his way fast enough (and who also apparently thought I had eyes in the back of my head). Mind you, I was a middle aged female and he was a fit, at least physically, male in his prime. He didn't even break stride, he just grabbed my shoulders and spun me out of his way exactly like this guy on the video did.

Another time, I was merely subjected to a full-on screaming fit. Then there's the time when I was treated to a huge slug of bloody sputum landing square on the front of my jacket, as apparently runners are too important, and too busy accomplishing the critical mission of running, to be bothered to blow their snot into a tissue like normal human beings. Oh, and I was also tripped by a runner coming towards me with a dog on a leash that stretched all the way across the path.

So no, not surprised at all.

How crazy all those things happened to you. I can't believe the one where the guy's mucus landed on your jacket. And what's bad is the jerks probably kept running where you couldn't say anything.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Looks like the case is not closed. The guy arrested claims he was in the USA when this incident took place...

Oh tiddays!

Putney Bridge push bus driver says he was 'doing his job' | Daily Mail Online
I know this Daily Mail is tabloidy but why so many pics of this guy (6 total)? Weird.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:30 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
A millionaire banker. Is anyone surprised?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:23 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
He says he has proof he was not in the UK at the time, I would think a passport and country entry records would prove or disprove that.

I wonder if he is a jogger?

Old 08-12-2017, 11:03 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,059,982 times
The Daily Mail UK has an article today saying the American banker guy has been cleared.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
The Daily Mail UK has an article today saying the American banker guy has been cleared.
Cleared, WOW, if he is truly innocent then his name has been so smeared across the world. They must have had some kind of evidence pointing his way. I don't understand how they would arrest him without any concrete evidence. He seemed to have an alibi that would have been easily checked.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:56 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,059,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Cleared, WOW, if he is truly innocent then his name has been so smeared across the world. They must have had some kind of evidence pointing his way. I don't understand how they would arrest him without any concrete evidence. He seemed to have an alibi that would have been easily checked.
I don't understand it either. I hope the actual jogger who did it is found eventually.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:58 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
I was walking a friend's dog a while ago and a guy was jogging behind us, we didn't know at the time. It is a wide WIDE lane, yet he runs along the edge where we are walking, the reason we walk along the edge is that there are bicyclists and JOGGERS. This idiot comes up right close to us, scared me, too and the dog jumped, that jogger is lucky the dog didn't bite a body part. You never run up behind a dog like that, if only for your own safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events