Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 12:00 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
I don't understand it either. I hope the actual jogger who did it is found eventually.
Finding the actual jogger will truly exonerate this man, even if the police cleared him, there will always be lingering doubts. I hope they find this person and make an example out of him, the woman could have been killed by the bus. I know joggers get into the zone, but you don't push people in front of buses!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 12:05 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Maybe this guy just has enough money to buy an alibi?

The bus driver has some awesome reflexes though.
well done to that driver.. or her head would have been off.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:12 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,508,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Cleared, WOW, if he is truly innocent then his name has been so smeared across the world. They must have had some kind of evidence pointing his way. I don't understand how they would arrest him without any concrete evidence. He seemed to have an alibi that would have been easily checked.
Time for him to lawyer up and sue the news media cretins egged on by the pitchfork-wavers on the Twittersphere.
There's no such thing as trial by jury these days - it's trial by social media.
" Hey,he's an investment banker,he's loaded so he must be guilty.Let's trash his life and his reputation.Yeah,we know it's a relatively simple task to check computer records of flights and cell phone locations but we've got to get some handy bastard in the frame to satisfy our lust for instant justice on our Facebook timeline so lets hang the feller. "
Welcome to justice in 2017.

Old 08-12-2017, 04:42 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Time for him to lawyer up and sue the news media cretins egged on by the pitchfork-wavers on the Twittersphere.
" Hey,he's an investment banker,he's loaded so he must be guilty.Let's trash his life and his reputation.Yeah,we know it's a relatively simple task to check computer records of flights and cell phone locations but we've got to get some handy bastard in the frame to satisfy our lust for instant justice on our Facebook timeline so lets hang the feller. "

Amen to that Roscoe.
I've seen a British Forum that had a post saying, "Millionaire banker huh, might have guessed it, arrogant, selfish bastards all of them."
Someone else posted, "but he has irrefutable proof that he was in the U.S., he's been exonerated."
To which the first guy posted, "You mean he's spent a bunch of $$$$ to get someone to say that, the lying cretin"

Old 08-12-2017, 09:13 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
The sharks were circling and they needed to find the jogger fast. I am really surprised that they released this poor gentleman's name and photos. What was the evidence? They can't trash someone's life without checking out everything - couldn't they have checked out his alibi before public identification. They really need to find the actual guy that pushed the woman, if they can't find him, this man will go through life tainted. He's a banker and who is going to trust him with their money after this? I usually do not like this litigious society we live in, but this man's whole life and livelihood has been damaged and if they never find the real guy, everyone will always wonder. He has a good case, but in England, I don't think people sue as much as in the States.

Old 08-13-2017, 06:28 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Amen to that Roscoe.
I've seen a British Forum that had a post saying, "Millionaire banker huh, might have guessed it, arrogant, selfish bastards all of them."
Someone else posted, "but he has irrefutable proof that he was in the U.S., he's been exonerated."
To which the first guy posted, "You mean he's spent a bunch of $$$$ to get someone to say that, the lying cretin"
Trial by Twitter is now the standard.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:53 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
They still haven't caught the guy

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/london-pol...opstories.html

Old 09-13-2017, 03:00 PM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
He should be getting pretty easy to find.
If you can just try to think like him, you'd stop jogging and begin staying home all the time.

I'd look for an ex-jogger that suddenly stopped jogging overnight for no apparent reason and now has gained about 40 lbs.

Publish that theory in the news and wait for a co-worker that has never liked him to turn him in based on that description.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:36 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Police have issued a new image and the Media have dubbed him the Putney Pusher.

The Police will continue to appeal for public help in identifying the man.

New Putney Bridge push jogger image released by police - BBC News

Putney pusher: New CCTV images of jogger suspect released by police
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events