Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 09:35 PM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,665,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm boycotting Ben and Jerry's, too. It's easy because I prefer Haagen Dazs - yummy!
Has Haagen Dazs been tested for glyphosate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 10:53 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
You know how many calories are in one pint of that nastiness?

Over a 1000 calories a pop loaded with fat, milk, sugar, and other nasty stuff besides glyphosate.

Don't eat it.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:07 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't need a reason to boycott their products, as I already do because they are leftist radicals.

As to whether this story is true or not does make a difference on several levels. If true, then they are hypocrites making false claims about their products to sell even more to the enviro-weenies.
Plus, if I am not mistaken this chemical might be linked to sterility in different species, including humans.
It was not all that long ago I remember reading some scientists are linking the peril amphibians like frogs are facing being associated to roundup runoff affecting their reproduction.
oooooh, leftist radicals. They don't even OWN it anymore.

Yes, that's the chemical, the one that's linked to sterility, even in humans. And it's banned near waterways because it kills the wildlife. Great stuff! I thought only (scary) leftist radicals cared about the environment and nature.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:21 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I don't need a reason to boycott their products, as I already do because they are leftist radicals.

As to whether this story is true or not does make a difference on several levels. If true, then they are hypocrites making false claims about their products to sell even more to the enviro-weenies.
Plus, if I am not mistaken this chemical might be linked to sterility in different species, including humans.
It was not all that long ago I remember reading some scientists are linking the peril amphibians like frogs are facing being associated to roundup runoff affecting their reproduction.
Clearly, you haven't read the facts about the company posted on this thread. B & J haven't owned the company for years. A conglomerate bought it, and changed the recipe. No false claims, no selling to enviro-weenies. You're actually boycotting the products of the same company that sells Breyer's ice cream. Now whose products are you going to boycott? Do you even know which products the conglomerate sells? Do you have any idea what you're talking about at all?

And btw, frog-huggers = enviro-weenies. You're a member of the club, and you didn't even know it.

Old 08-14-2017, 12:45 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,659,134 times
my lungs are the only weed killer....

Old 08-14-2017, 12:53 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Water is also an ingredient in weedkillers. I find the breathless, panicky hyperbole of the commentary to be ridiculous.

Also, there is no proof that even at extremely high does that glyphosates are dangerous to people.
BINGO! Glyphosates are in a lot of things we imbibe or ingest. This is a non-issue.

Besides, who can afford Ben & Jerry's anyway? I have to buy the cheap sugar-free ice cream anyway as that is all I can afford, and there are probably much worse things in that than end up in Ben & Jerry's, LOL!

Now you can go back to obsessing over the allowable amount of rat hairs and feces in our food. The FDA has limits for those, too. And pre-packaged food ALMOST always comes in under those limits. Almost always. Nearly. LOL!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:43 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,811 times
Why would anyone eat ice cream anyway? Loaded with fat and sugar, and milk is for baby cows. Yes it tastes good I know but so do a lot of healthy foods.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Monsato has engaged in shady ethical business practices to combat the WHO opinion that glyphosate is a probable carcinogen. California has listed glyphosate as a cancer causing chemical. There's hundreds of lawsuits against Monsato for health clams including non Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Only someone with their heads buried under the sand would claim that glyphosate is a completely harmless substance like water.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:18 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Your point is???? Would you go buy some and eat it it knowing this????
Sure I would.

But then again, I don't freak out over stuff like this.

Snopes.com | The definitive fact-checking site and reference source for urban legends, folklore, myths, rumors, and misinformation. is your friend.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The formerly reliable site has gone somewhat leftist. There are other debunking sites and any wild claims should always be checked.
"Cite?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events