Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:15 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times

Advertisements

That's so sweet. My neighbor rescued a tiny kitten who had fallen into a swimming pool at the hotel she was staying a few years ago. His mother had died, and he was so small, only about three weeks old or so. After harping on how much she hated cats, she fostered him, bottle feeding him until he was big and strong, and guess what? He is king of her cat hating castle, three years later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 09:21 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's so sweet. My neighbor rescued a tiny kitten who had fallen into a swimming pool at the hotel she was staying a few years ago. His mother had died, and he was so small, only about three weeks old or so. After harping on how much she hated cats, she fostered him, bottle feeding him until he was big and strong, and guess what? He is king of her cat hating castle, three years later
When I was a kid, one of the cats we had was rescued by my sister after coming across a guy who was planning on drowning him and his kitten sibling. After a couple of weeks my dad asked, "weren't you going to find a good home for him?" and sister said, "I did."

Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,313,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think those kittens have anything to do with the Texas flooding--from the fisherman it sounds like they were dumped in the woods or that someone tried to drown them. I hope they got good homes on dry land.
I watched that video long before Texas had any flooding so it's not new at all and not related to the flooding.
Those guys were just fisherman and surprised when the kittens swam towards them looking for help. From the article with the original video it said the kittens were all adopted.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Oh, that's so sweet. I'm not really a cat person either, but you'd never know it.. Lol I got my first kitten out of a dumpster that was empty so I had to climb in a smelly disgusting dumpster all dressed up in heels to get her out. She was my Princess and lived and long and dumpster free life inside a nice warm house.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:39 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
The kittens were named Warrior and River, after the place in Alabama where they were rescued. They were taken in by a friend of their rescuers, a very kind lady who took excellent care of them - and her other animal friends, including horses, dogs, and pet piggies. Not to mention her young sons!

Sadly, River died - cause unknown - about a year after he was rescued, but his brother Warrior (an apt name, given his rescue from the Warrior River, but a misnomer in regard to his character - he is extremely friendly and affectionate) is flourishing and now has another red tabby kitty companion named Holliday.

There is an open Facebook page about Warrior and his friends - just search for "Warrior and River -Facebook" - and it should come right up.

Old 09-01-2017, 10:48 AM

The only thing that still bugs me to this day is I wish those fisherman had checked the land area to see if there were any other kittens. If there were, I hope they're okay.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
The only thing that still bugs me to this day is I wish those fisherman had checked the land area to see if there were any other kittens. If there were, I hope they're okay.

Trump

Old 09-01-2017, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Trump

are you in the right thread?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:25 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,244,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
Seriously? Dear God they were doing a good thing! You want them to check the entire planet too?

Old 09-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Seriously? Dear God they were doing a good thing! You want them to check the entire planet too?
Of course they did a good thing. I just wish they had checked the shoreline to see if there were any more that didn't swim towards them.

What is it with some CD posters that they have to turn innocent comments into major deals? sheesh. Check the entire planet? I'd roll my eyes too but I think that's so immature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events