Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 11:58 PM

490 posts, read 583,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
RIP to the kid and a speedy recovery to the mom.
I don't understand this comment at all. It sounds fake and really stupid, lacking any empathy or sincerity. More like a callous epilogue to your main point!

Just how in the **** is this Mother ever gonna have a speedy recovery? She was abducted against her will and pushed off a cliff. She likely will have permanent physical disability and certainly mental scars the rest of her life. This is a painful nightmare that will haunt this woman the rest of her days on earth. But the worse part starts for her after this. Her son, the kid as you say RIP had his skull smashed in after watching his mom being tossed off a cliff, that was the last thing he saw before blood, pain, & guts hit him in the head.

You may mean well, but re-read what you type and think critically if its how you want to convey yourself. Sometimes it's best to leave false best wishes for a happy recovery out if you're not that articulate to sound true.

Reminds me of a scene in the pitiful stephen king flick Maximum Overdrive where the boy ask everyone in the truck stop where his Dad is and everyone is quiet, then the cold owner says " he got scrubbed by one of those big boys, sorry kid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 12:10 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
I don't understand this comment at all. It sounds fake and really stupid, lacking any empathy or sincerity. More like a callous epilogue to your main point!

Just how in the **** is this Mother ever gonna have a speedy recovery? She was abducted against her will and pushed off a cliff. She likely will have permanent physical disability and certainly mental scars the rest of her life. This is a painful nightmare that will haunt this woman the rest of her days on earth. But the worse part starts for her after this. Her son, the kid as you say RIP had his skull smashed in after watching his mom being tossed off a cliff, that was the last thing he saw before blood, pain, & guts hit him in the head.

You may mean well, but re-read what you type and think critically if its how you want to convey yourself. Sometimes it's best to leave false best wishes for a happy recovery out if you're not that articulate to sound true.

Reminds me of a scene in the pitiful stephen king flick Maximum Overdrive where the boy ask everyone in the truck stop where his Dad is and everyone is quiet, then the cold owner says " he got scrubbed by one of those big boys, sorry kid".
Do you honestly think I care about what you think of my post? Seriously some of you need to log off every now and then, focus your energy on your lives instead of trying to project your situation on to other people that have no interest in what's going on in your lives.

"You mean well but" the nerve of this person...lol....please get lost!

RIP to the kid and I'm wishing a speedy recovery to the mother... Sue me!

Old 09-14-2017, 01:17 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,385,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They should have expedited death penalties in cases like this.
Yep, in order to humanely save the murderer from slow and painful death by lynching. Perfect justification, right? I'd vote for it.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:44 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Do you honestly think I care about what you think of my post? Seriously some of you need to log off every now and then, focus your energy on your lives instead of trying to project your situation on to other people that have no interest in what's going on in your lives.

"You mean well but" the nerve of this person...lol....please get lost!

RIP to the kid and I'm wishing a speedy recovery to the mother... Sue me!
Rep for you. I have no idea why that other poster had a problem with your post, it sounded sincere to me. I do not however agree that we skip the trial, this is still America,

Old 09-14-2017, 06:13 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Yes, I've noticed this as well. In this case, the victim identified him and the suspect immediately admitted to it and even told them where the boy's body would be, so it is clear cut case, but many cases where someone was falsely accused/convicted was said to have been a clear cut case too.
Ever heard of false confession? It happens quite rarely but it does happen.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:31 AM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Ever heard of false confession? It happens quite rarely but it does happen.
Yes, there are false confessions. It wouldn't apply in this case.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:13 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Quote:
You know, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt hence the term CLEAR CUT CASE, how do you then murder "dozens if not hundreds" of innocent people?
How do you reconcile this with the fact that many people have gone through the justice system: arrest, investigation, trial and conviction, sentencing, and then years of appeals from death row only to be executed by the state decades after conviction, and still been found innocent years after their execution?

And yet we are suggesting summary execution?

Quote:
Its sometimes wise to comprehend a post before responding or risk making silly remarks as this. [...] This need to always sound right at the expense of others is tired and quite frankly boring.
This need to be condescending at the expense of others is fresh and and quite frankly inspiring!

Old 09-14-2017, 11:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
How do you reconcile this with the fact that many people have gone through the justice system: arrest, investigation, trial and conviction, sentencing, and then years of appeals from death row only to be executed by the state decades after conviction, and still been found innocent years after their execution?

And yet we are suggesting summary execution?

This need to be condescending at the expense of others is fresh and and quite frankly inspiring!
Another winning by all cost nominee; With selective reading skills... Carry on mate. You win.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:37 PM

8,208 posts, read 3,479,506 times
So long as nothing goes wrong, the mother is expected to be able to go home in a few days.

I think arraignment is tomorrow.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:33 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Quote:
In a clear cut case like this, why even bother with a trial? Just eliminate the thug. Probably comes from a long line of inbred and diseased thugs.

RIP to the kid and a speedy recovery to the mom.

I would be surprised if this mom EVER fully recovered, emotionally I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events