U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:13 AM

33,076 posts, read 26,889,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Just amazes me on the people who will shell out $500 plus for a phone every 2 years because Apple comes out with a new model.

So now it looks like that $500 plus could be over $1000.

Fools and their money...
What do all the geniuses spend theirs on?

Sporting events, bars, what?

Old 09-15-2017, 07:59 AM

7,993 posts, read 3,882,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ummmm. No.

I like it when my phone doesnít explode and get me banned from airline travel.

What the hell is the deal with the iOS vs Android crap, anyway?

I prefer iOS. Itís more secure and it does what I need.

I prefer Apple hardware. Personal preference.

If you prefer Android and whatever Android phone/s you like, good for you.

This is why we have choices.
I've never understood this need to put down other people's choices. I prefer iOS as well. It works for me. I've never ever felt the need to belittle Android or the people who use them. I'm glad the product works for them.

But it seems that people always have to find a way to make themselves feel superior to others.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:02 AM

11,068 posts, read 8,998,172 times
Let's see. Spend a good amount of money on a phone I use for multiple hours every day or spend it on crap as RedZin above mentioned. I get criticized sometimes for my phone spending but this is from people driving $100k cars to drive 3 miles to work.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Let's see. Spend a good amount of money on a phone I use for multiple hours every day or spend it on crap as RedZin above mentioned. I get criticized sometimes for my phone spending but this is from people driving $100k cars to drive 3 miles to work.
I get criticized by people who buy enormous TVs to watch sports and probably spend more on beer and cigarettes in a year than I spend on all my tech purchases combined, but I use my stuff all day and...I hope they donít.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I've never understood this need to put down other people's choices. I prefer iOS as well. It works for me. I've never ever felt the need to belittle Android or the people who use them. I'm glad the product works for them.

But it seems that people always have to find a way to make themselves feel superior to others.
Yeah. It puzzles me. I donít care if they buy devices that use another operating system and itís not like the latest Samsung devices arenít over 800 dollars apiece.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:21 AM

11,068 posts, read 8,998,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I get criticized by people who buy enormous TVs to watch sports and probably spend more on beer and cigarettes in a year than I spend on all my tech purchases combined, but I use my stuff all day and...I hope they don’t.
Couldn't agree more. Yesterday a co-worker who knows I'm a geek, asked if I'm buying "that $1,000 iPhone" and proceeded to tell me how ridiculous I am and laughed at me. She wears $1000 shoes daily and has a purse collection worth more than my car.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:21 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,435,688 times
I REALLY dislike the storage options on these new iphones. Only choices are 64GB (insufficient) and 256GB (excessive and overly expensive). I'll hold onto my 128GB iphone 6s Plus which has the ideal amount of storage for me.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:15 AM

678 posts, read 276,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nope. The iPhone 10 is not a young person "selfie machine". It's an affluent person status symbol. The 6, 6s, 7, and now the 8 all look identical so they're no longer a status symbol since everyone has one. Most affluent people will justify it by saying it gives the display square inches of a "plus" iPhone while still being able to fit in their pocket like their regular iPhone. I'd like to have a "plus" but it's just to freakin' big.

I went from 4s to 6s. Almost four years. I'll likely do the same with the 6s. I'll skip the X and maybe think about next year's Xs.
Lmao, when did a phone become a status symbol? Cars aren't even status symbols anymore, any average joe with some extra income can have a $900 car payment and look rich..... A phone? bahahah

Old 09-15-2017, 11:33 AM

10,090 posts, read 6,498,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Lmao, when did a phone become a status symbol? Cars aren't even status symbols anymore, any average joe with some extra income can have a $900 car payment and look rich..... A phone? bahahah
When iphones first came out they totally were status symbols. People flaunted them too. Now kids in elementary school have them and people who work at McDonalds. No one really cares about the models when they see them. Except for the very old ones you cant tell which one it is, especially when its in a case

Old 09-15-2017, 12:15 PM

325 posts, read 186,738 times
I'm looking at buying the iPhone 8 or 8+ when it becomes available. Hopeully the IOS 11 operates more smoothly than the IOS 10.X. I like the idea of wireless charging and the glass back. I am not too wild about the facial recognition or justifying the higher price of the iPhone X over the 8's. All my previous Iphones were the 4, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, and the current 7. I notice some people are not willing to spend hundreds of dollars a year of smartphones but I am not willing to spends hundreds on cable TV/direct TV and getting channels I don't want, concerts, being at the stadium, Disneyland, bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or