Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 12:00 PM

307 posts, read 224,137 times

Advertisements

I worked near NYC when the WTC were annihilated. I worked in NYC within years after.
We had an escape plan that included how we'd communicate.

No doubt with the hatred coming out of holes and lies that are constant, things are getting
worse (the bad guys are supported by much of the GOP and certainly the pres.) and will
continue to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 12:22 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,933,545 times
As I told a neighbor many,many years ago and now society is on a downhill slide there is nothing anyone can do in our open society to stop individuals from harming us,think about the openness as you drive around.
Grudges used to be settled in a fight,now guns.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:15 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
It will happen again but I won't let it stop me from living. If that's the way I'm meant to go, then that's what happens.

This too. We are all going to die, one way or another. In most cases, we really have very little control over how.

Holing up in your own home, or avoiding cities, concerts, games etc.

It will just limit the experiences that you have in life.

And, you could still be killed in a home invasion.

If not, you're still gonna die, one way or another.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:41 PM

9,086 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
Does this latest terrorist attack make you question going out to events where there are hundreds or thousands of people?

Or, does this not faze you in the least and you'll keep going to any large venues you want to because you're not going to let acts of terror make you afraid of going out in public?
I have been crowd averse since I was a young child (very mild agoraphobia perhaps, I was never diagnosed). I have always lived my life avoiding crowded scenarios whenever possible, so this tragedy and the threat of copycat events does not have any impact on how I live my life at all. A violent person or terrorist would have to hunt me down at my home, work or other random place to kill me.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:23 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post
I know that I shouldn't let acts of terror paralyze me and prevent me from going to concerts, the movies or to any other crowd-packed venues....but, this latest incident in Las Vegas really has me wondering if I should start going out less and less to larger venues and just stick to going out to really small venues...or if I should just start staying at home, where it's SAFER.

Does this latest terrorist attack make you question going out to events where there are hundreds or thousands of people?

Or, does this not faze you in the least and you'll keep going to any large venues you want to because you're not going to let acts of terror make you afraid of going out in public?

It will continue to get worse and worse. Why wouldn't it? There are always going to be people going nuts and with the Internet there will be more people that go nuts AND have access to how to do everything they want, like plan to kill countless innocent people. I guess you could say it is nature running its course. There is one mass shooting a year now, but I think that will continue to increase to 4 or so a year and people will just start excepting it as our way of life and be totally numb to it all. I know I am sort of numb to it. Nothing I can do about it now.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:57 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,933,545 times
I posted above,imagine this today,after Kennedy was assassinated in '63,we visited his grave and Washington D.C..
We stayed at Dogwood State Park in Maryland,when we left for the day we left small TV,cooler etc. on picnic table without any thought it would be stolen,we did this many time's when we lived in CT.with family,New Hampshire,Vermont,Cape Cod etc.
Today you have to be wary no matter what,not a safe feeling any more,we had to move back to CT from FL because of age and family,a very negative state,not many years left,so will survive.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:32 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
God...don't give anyone ideas! It's bad enough without that!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:05 PM

926 posts, read 673,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It will continue to get worse and worse. Why wouldn't it? There are always going to be people going nuts and with the Internet there will be more people that go nuts AND have access to how to do everything they want, like plan to kill countless innocent people. I guess you could say it is nature running its course. There is one mass shooting a year now, but I think that will continue to increase to 4 or so a year and people will just start excepting it as our way of life and be totally numb to it all. I know I am sort of numb to it. Nothing I can do about it now.
The first part of your post that I've bolded is exactly why I won't be going to any super large outdoor or indoor venues for the next year or so.

As to the last part of your post in purple bold, I will NEVER become "numb" to all of the horrific terror attacks that have been happening in the country that I love, honor and will continue to live in 'til I die; nor will I EVER start 'accepting it' as a normal way of life!

If people become 'numb' to the terrorist attacks in our country, that will NOT bode well for the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events