Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,228,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
They also treat woman as property, fathers can sell off their daughters to the highest bidder in arranged marriages in India. Maybe this scumbag figured she'd never be of any value to him in the future, so either killer her or sold her off.
This. Girls aren't highly valued in Indian culture, in India baby girls are frequently disposed of, killed or thrown away. This girl also had developmental issues which probably made her more difficult to raise, required therapy etc, and the father decided he doesn't want to be bothered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 11:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
They also treat woman as property, fathers can sell off their daughters to the highest bidder in arranged marriages in India. Maybe this scumbag figured she'd never be of any value to him in the future, so either killer her or sold her off.
You can quit the India bashing. And the blatant falsehoods.

Don't get too uppity.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ace-ethnicity/

I'd hope we can just focus on this poor little lost girl.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
This. Girls aren't highly valued in Indian culture, in India baby girls are frequently disposed of, killed or thrown away. This girl also had developmental issues which probably made her more difficult to raise, required therapy etc, and the father decided he doesn't want to be bothered.
So what's the reason when it happens tens of thousands of white kids?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the "Didn't drink milk so left by a tree" story is just the prelude to his "dingo stole my baby" defense.

I don't know which is a worse thing to hear. That someone would leave their kid outside in the middle of the night over milk (I don't buy this, btw) or that they'd murder her.

I hate both options.

In Nebraska, you can drop off your kid to safe haven places at any age. In most other states, it's limited to newborn time. I think we need to have it for any age everywhere. Beats having these kids murdered.
Yes, "dingo stole my baby" defense, and that "defense" from the father is totally insane. Won't drink her milk at 3 am so made her stand by a tree? In an alley? Went to check on her 15 minutes later and she was gone? Reported her gone 5 hours later? It's all CRAZY. I suspect the police know much more info than they are giving the media. And every time I see people respond to media stories, getting angry about how it's being reported, I want to scream. The media is simply reporting what they are given by the police.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
She was adopted. Obviously they knew they were getting a girl when they adopted her.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yes, "dingo stole my baby" defense, and that "defense" from the father is totally insane. Won't drink her milk at 3 am so made her stand by a tree? In an alley? Went to check on her 15 minutes later and she was gone? Reported her gone 5 hours later? It's all CRAZY. I suspect the police know much more info than they are giving the media. And every time I see people respond to media stories, getting angry about how it's being reported, I want to scream. The media is simply reporting what they are given by the police.
If this was premeditated, I would hope to god they'd come up with a better lie.

I'm perplexed the dogs didn't find anything.

Ugh, this whole thing sucks.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If this was premeditated, I would hope to god they'd come up with a better lie.

I'm perplexed the dogs didn't find anything.

Ugh, this whole thing sucks.
I don't think this child was outside at all, which would explain the dogs not finding anything since that's where they were searching. Would also explain them towing the three cars and as far as I know we've heard nothing about what they've found in any of the cars. As for the weird story given, what the heck? Doesn't exactly present the father in a good light. Who would make up a story like that in order to defend themselves? I punished my child by making her stand by a tree (not even on their property) in the middle of the night...oh, and there have been coyotes around, by the way. It does suck. It's so damned sad.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:15 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Late Monday afternoon, an Amber Alert was discontinued due to a lack of leads in the case.

Really? After just 3 days? I don't think I've ever heard of an Amber Alert just outright being cancelled because of no leads.

I can't even wrap my mind around what kind of person would toss their little kid outside at 3:00 in the morning. Over milk, no less. Just unbelievable.
Why was he trying to get her to drink milk at 3 am, anyways?

Old 10-10-2017, 05:17 AM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Actually, that story about the dingo turned out to be true.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:36 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,142,653 times
Quote:
Half knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events