Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 05:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Actually, that story about the dingo turned out to be true.
Yup. I'm surprised people don't know that.

I don't believe she was ever put outside. That's a ploy to keep the police looking elsewhere, IMHO.

The human race becomes more barbaric and despicable with each passing decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 05:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Why was he trying to get her to drink milk at 3 am, anyways?
Because that was a total lie. It's the first step in the dingo defense, I'm telling you.

Step 1: Child commits infraction
Step 2: Child placed in punishment area (or ran off)
Step 3: Sudden remembrance of wild predators in area
Step 4: Dingo strikes again!

Kids being killed by parents is sadly common in this country (and many others). Overwhelmingly, the kids are 6 and under and 90% of the time, it's their own biological parents.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:28 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
While this little girl's ethnicity and possibly original nationality were Indian, it appears that her adoptive parents - the father, at least - were not Indian, judging by his name. It has been reported that this child was adopted, I would guess from India.

So traditional Indian views of girls and child-rearing practices would not be a factor in this case.

Which is horrendous, regardless of anyone's ethnicity and background.

Questions: Where is the mother? Why was one child removed from the home by CPS, yet her little sister left behind? Why was this child's well-being not under closer watch by CPS? How did these parents, particularly the father, pass a home study and required psychological screening for international adoption?

Latest news reports that the parents are now refusing to talk with news media, police, or extended family. No one seems to remember when little Sherin was last seen by anyone outside of the immediate family...

Later still - it seems that Sherin's four year old sister was not removed from the home until after her little sister was reported missing. However, CPS had been called to the home previously...red flags went unnoticed, it appears.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-10-2017 at 06:41 AM..

Old 10-10-2017, 07:05 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
It is difficult to look at that beautiful little girl's picture, knowing she was abused and is likely dead.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:56 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,744,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the "Didn't drink milk so left by a tree" story is just the prelude to his "dingo stole my baby" defense.

I don't know which is a worse thing to hear. That someone would leave their kid outside in the middle of the night over milk (I don't buy this, btw) or that they'd murder her.

I hate both options.

In Nebraska, you can drop off your kid to safe haven places at any age. In most other states, it's limited to newborn time. I think we need to have it for any age everywhere. Beats having these kids murdered.
Coroner rules dingo to blame for Australian baby's death - CNN

The dingo did steal the baby.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 AM

794 posts, read 1,325,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
This. Girls aren't highly valued in Indian culture, in India baby girls are frequently disposed of, killed or thrown away. This girl also had developmental issues which probably made her more difficult to raise, required therapy etc, and the father decided he doesn't want to be bothered.

There are many cultural differences in India (from Western countries) but your first statement is not true. I've been to India - there were many, many women - and I currently have multiple Indian neighbors here in the U.S., some of which have daughters, whom they treat just like their sons.

If the father harmed his daughter, it is because he is a sick, deranged man, not because of where he is from.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:44 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
BS detector is ringing off the wall. Who gives a 3YOF milk at 3:00 am?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:01 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
This a classic case of trying to CYA (Cover your butt). He did something to this little girl most likely and is trying to find a way out of it. Send this guy to the chair asap.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I don't believe his story. I suspect the little girl is dead.

Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
I loved that movie with Meryl Streep.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:38 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Why was he trying to get her to drink milk at 3 am, anyways?
This is what makes no sense. Why was she up at 3 a.m? She probably wasn't. Maybe he molested her late at night routinely, and accidentally suffocated her this time, or deliberately suffocated her.

And where was the d@mn mom?! Why is there no mom in this picture? And what's the story w/Child Protective Svcs. already having a relationship with this family, prior to the incident?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events