Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 11:13 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times

Advertisements

● MURDER : (Law) the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
● MANSLAUGHTER : (Law) The unlawful killing of one human by another without express or implied intent to do injury.
● HOMICIDE : (Law) the killing of a human being by another person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
That's an excellent way of handling it! I love this!
Well, yes and no. I was lucky there was an exit right in front of me (the kids were on a pedestrian overpass, I think) and that I was in the slow lane. So yes, in that we found and caught the kids, or at least the house they ran into, but no, in that chasing them was a completely impulsive act on my part that could have ended up in a bad neighborhood with a father ticked off at us, not the kids. Although now that I think about it, I had my Doberman with me -maybe that's why I wasn't afraid to go chasing after anyone.

Nowdays if I did something like that, though, I'd be prepared to have the kids pull a gun on me.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:02 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,924,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Don't know, but its got to be pretty harsh so it won't keep happening. But the death penalty? Don't think so.

I'm thinking 30 years for the ones who threw it. Someone will squeal and get nothing. The others 10. But its tough to say who really was a willing accomplice. Some 15 year old could have been in over his head with a crowd of bad 17 year olds.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The look on these kid's faces in court is disgusting. No remorse, every single one of them looks annoyed that they are there

Judge denies teens bond in Michigan rock-throwing death | Daily Mail Online
Those looks wont last once they hit the state prison! Their lives are about to become living hell.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:43 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
The look on these kid's faces in court is disgusting. No remorse, every single one of them looks annoyed that they are there

Judge denies teens bond in Michigan rock-throwing death | Daily Mail Online
Yeah, it was pretty pathetic to view their smug thug mugs.

It is more than likely this is NOT the first time these boys have been in some kind of trouble, maybe the first time they got caught. Let's see who the fingers will be pointed at as the "great idea person" who thought it was a good idea to do this dumbazz act.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to see a parent take responsibility for their children's (dumb) actions and support the judicial process to give the right sentence for their actions. Say they have done the crime, now they do the time. Not try to defend their stupid actions that ended in tragedy.

Parents should realize when they give such free reign to their kids, not know where they are, where they are going, who they are with, things can happen. Yes, things can happen even with knowing, but less likely of something like this if parents where more engaged with their kids.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
This happened to me in 1999.
Brand new car and the roof was forev dented in.
Lucky it was not the windshield at highway speed.

Ass hats.

Jail

Old 10-25-2017, 07:00 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
All go to prison for life. Goodbye

Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Those looks wont last once they hit the state prison! Their lives are about to become living hell.
Sweet little boys will be tasty treats for their cellmates.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:27 AM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
All go to prison for life. Goodbye

I do think they should each get the same penalty regardless of who actually threw it. Send a message to other kids.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:48 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Sweet little boys will be tasty treats for their cellmates.
Imagine thinking like this and thinking that you're any better than those who committed the crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Don't know, but its got to be pretty harsh so it won't keep happening.
Problem with this is, that they almost certainly weren't thinking of the consequences. So "tough" consequences won't deter anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events