Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 08:50 AM

27,134 posts, read 13,429,141 times

Advertisements

Brianna Brochu, 18, has already been charged with misdemeanour criminal mischief and breach of peace.

Police in West Hartford, Connecticut, said they have also asked a judge to add a felony bigotry charge.

The incidents came to light on instagram, where Brianna Brochu a student at the University of Hartford in Connecticut bragged about her actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC

A white US university student is facing a hate crime charge after admitting to smearing bodily fluids on her black roommate's possessions, in an apparent attempt to force her out of the room.

Her campaign against roommate Chennel Rowe apparently came to light via Instagram posts in which she bragged about her actions.

In one post, published by local media and described by Ms Rowe in a Facebook video, she reportedly wrote:

"Finally did it yo girl got rid of her roommate!! After 1 ½ month of spitting in her coconut oil, putting moldy clam dip in her lotions... putting her toothbrush places where the sun doesn't shine, and so much more I can finally say goodbye Jamaican Barbie."

Student charged after smearing bodily fluids on roommate's bag - BBC News

Last edited by toosie; 11-05-2017 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: TOS - copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 08:59 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
The actions of this girl are disgusting, repulsive, and vile. She deserves whatever punishment she's got coming to her, and probably more besides.

I realize that the perpetrator is white and the victim is black, so the SJWs out there will have a field day with this. But I've seen no evidence thus far to suggest that race had anything to do with it. In other words, it sounds like this Brianna person is just a nasty you-know-what, period, and would have been a horrible roommate for anyone. (Calling the victim "Jamaican Barbie" does not automatically prove racism in my book; more likely she just found some term of insult to apply, and would have found some other phrase if the victim had been white.)

Of course, I wasn't there, so maybe the criminal is a racist, in addition to being a nasty piece of garbage.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:05 AM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
For clarification, her "bodily fluids" were apparently her period blood as per an article I read.

Truly repulsive. What's bad is that the roommate wasn't even aware of how this roommate felt so only found out after the fact due to someone pointing out to her this ladies' social media rant.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:08 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
She sounds like a well adjusted young adult. lol

Old 11-02-2017, 10:10 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
What a vile, disgusting woman. Hope they throw the book at her!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:29 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
What she did was disgusting. And she had the nerve and stupidity to brag about it on social media! What an idiot. But, I would like to know what was going on beforehand between them. Brochu had requested a room switch because of trouble between her and the roommate a few weeks beforehand. I doubt that the roommate had been all sweetness and light. In fact, if she had indeed been posting to social media videos of Brochu asleep and snoring, to ridicule her, as Brochu claimed, that on its own would have been a violation of Brochu's privacy, which should have warranted the roommate's being expelled from the dormitory!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:31 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
Colleges are spending so much money building fancy student centers to attract students. Why in the world are they still building dorms with doubles? Most kids grow up having their own bedroom. Parents realize that teenagers need privacy. How much more so do young adults need a private space to retreat to?

Old 11-02-2017, 11:06 AM

137 posts, read 134,256 times
This is by far one of the most disgusting things that I've read in a long time. When I was in college, I had disgusting suite mates but we ironed out our differences by talking. What is going on with the social media generation where they take their battles online and result to vile behavior to handle disputes.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:19 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Disgusting and totally juvenile behaviors. What kind of people do this? Sicko wackos.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:26 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Wow. What a garbage person. I mean that is absolutely the behavior of utter trash.

Prosecute her to the full extent of the law. One could argue that intentionally putting fecal matter on a toothbrush is poisoning with the possibility of causing a fatal e coli infection. This, in itself, could warrant some sort of serious prison time.

As an aside, the article mentions that this is being considered a hate crime. Is there any evidence for that apart from the fact that the perpetrator is white and the victim is black? I mean, considering how vile the crime is, it wouldn't surprise me that there was some irrational hate going on here, but what is the evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events