Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:26 PM

29 posts, read 23,112 times

Advertisements

Woman caught stealing money from her Uber driver in NYC | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
A woman was caught on camera brazenly emptying her Uber driver's tip jar.
The incident was caught on camera as the driver dropped off a group of friends in New York City.
During the video, which runs for about two minutes, there is no suggestion whatsoever that the woman, who is wearing a bra and skirt, is about to make off with the money and she doesn't even appear to glance down at the waiting dollar bills.
I absolutely hate thieves! And the way she did it, even looking directly in the camera is crazy. She'll obviously get caught and I hope she gets some real punishment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:00 AM

138 posts, read 114,649 times
"Real punishment?"
For stealing, what, $12? So much money that the uber driver could not be bothered to file a police report over it "because he was too busy", or do anything for three months? There was not much in there.

She's deactivated from uber. Her face is online as a thief. Add in some community service by the courts if a case was made, and that's all that is necessary for "punishment".

Old 11-07-2017, 07:19 AM

24,446 posts, read 17,182,791 times
It is sad that people will take advantage of any given situation if there is an opening to do so.

If she really needed the money that is one thing but if she did it just to be mean then lets hope karma bites her.

This is America and if it isn't locked down someone will steal it. Sad.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:32 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,509,256 times
What a dummy. She's infamous now with her face plastered all over the internet just to get a few $.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,563,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha830 View Post
"Real punishment?"
For stealing, what, $12? So much money that the uber driver could not be bothered to file a police report over it "because he was too busy", or do anything for three months? There was not much in there.

She's deactivated from uber. Her face is online as a thief. Add in some community service by the courts if a case was made, and that's all that is necessary for "punishment".
I second that...it was $12. I wouldnt have filed a police report either over that amount.

And really, what are police going to do...again its $12. Id bet they would walk away laughing at how stupid this was or harass the person who thought it was serious enough to get police involved. LOL

Old 11-07-2017, 09:13 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,982,317 times
Looks like there is a strip club missing their pole washer.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,277,247 times
Anyone wears a bra and skirt as 'public' clothing is going to be brazen anyway. Hope this Kardashian lookalike doesn't find a way to get richer off of this.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:46 AM

5,446 posts, read 4,035,822 times
Many, many years ago I had a summer job at a snack bar at a seasonal pool/cabana club at a high end apartment complex. There were 6 of us working there, the last week of the season, we put out a tip jar. (Times were different then).

Our boss caught one of the renters, a wealthy middle-aged lady, walking off with it. no shame.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:57 AM

3,206 posts, read 2,420,221 times
So, if I read the article right, the guy complains to Uber and all they originally do is try to contact the passenger who responds she didn't steal? The guy had the video and you contact the rider and believe their response? Banning her also doesn't help as her friends can just order the Uber. How about hitting her charge card with a stealing charge and giving the money back to the driver.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:29 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,339,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I second that...it was $12. I wouldnt have filed a police report either over that amount.

And really, what are police going to do...again its $12. Id bet they would walk away laughing at how stupid this was or harass the person who thought it was serious enough to get police involved. LOL
I agree, but I have people in my neighborhood who call the cops when kids take change out of the car they leave unlocked on the driveway! Supposedly to document that we need more of a police presence in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events