Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 11:18 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
CVS jumped a few notches up in my book when they stopped selling cigarettes awhile back. Just curious if that has been a good thing for them financially? I know my companies contract with the tobacco vendors is terrible, we would be better off not selling them too.
The stock has been on a slight downward trend the last two years or so. I think it has to do most with lost prescription revenue from other players in the market. I doubt the tobacco decision has meant much either way. Smoking rates are down to about 15% and heavy smokers probably found cheaper cartons elsewhere anyway.

Part of why I bought CVS about 15 years ago was because of their tendency to buy lovely historic buildings (like old movie theatres) in great locations and turn them into pharmacies. They've done well but there are threats, but I'll be holding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
I went in looking for a spray bottle once and they wanted $7 when I could get one at the dollar store for 50 cents. I don't know these places stay in business apart from the prescriptions.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:56 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Nationwide?
"Stores in Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco will offer same-day delivery, he said."
that's just a few cities on the East coast and West coast.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:01 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Nationwide?
"Stores in Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and San Francisco will offer same-day delivery, he said."
that's just a few cities on the East coast and West coast.
They are offering next day delivery nationwide, and same day delivery in a few select cities.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
The more stores that do home delivery the better. I hate shopping in stores. I much rather sit down and think about what I am going to get v. standing in a store under bright lights trying to decide on the spot. But I am a planner and a procrastinator...so mail/delivery suits me.

I still would pick up my scripts at the drive through. It seems pretty easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events