Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 03:11 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Louis CK did not apologize. He admitted what he did, in a round about way (while trying to also excuse himself from blame by saying he asked first), but never said he was sorry for doing it.

He was just trying to avoid some heat by making it look like he is "owning it," which he is not.

Kind of a big deal. If I were Louis C.K. I'd want to make sure that side of the story was well-publicized.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:12 PM

3,259 posts, read 3,769,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Pleasuring yourself in public is never OK! How is this not obvious to you?

I guess it wasn't obvious to me because that's not what he did.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:21 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Having consensual sex between 2 people is one thing. Even if it's "Listen Toots, if you want the role, than you gotta roll in the sheets with me."

The dude gives her a choice that she can take, or turndown.

It's another thing all together to assault and rape someone. Weinstein isn't in trouble for utilizing the casting couch. He's in trouble for assaulting and raping.

Now maybe I've missed it somewhere, but I can't think of ANY women who have come forth saying "Weinstein told me if I'd have sex with him, he'd give me a role, so I had sex with him." So, IF someone here remembers such a scenario, please refresh my memory.

Otherwise, can we take casting couch scenarios off the table? Yes, we ALL have heard of it. No doubt, girls have CHOSEN to exchange favors. Yeah, it's icky. But it was consensual...they agreed.

Now, that said, I totally get it, and I sympathize, with all the women who feel like they had to put up with harassment, and felt like they had to have (legally) consensual sex, for the sake of their jobs and careers. I do understand that powerful people can put on a lot of pressure when it comes to your way of life, career, etc. Many many women have been taken advantage of, and pressured. I celebrate that all of this is coming to light.
So, say I'm in a corporate role, and there is a man going up for the job, and a woman going up for the job. If the woman agrees to have sex with me, and she does it's OK she gets it, and the guy doesn't because it was "consensual"? Really??? It's OK that I use my power, and position like that?

Old 11-19-2017, 10:58 PM

146 posts, read 78,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I think maybe there’s this anger that these guys who have been at the very least inappropriate with and around women are going about their lives publicly, with wealth and fame, knowing they have done these things and have faced zero consequences. And no one else knows except the hypocrites in the inner circles of Hollywood. It’s wrong IMO. In some cases there may have been no actual crime, just disgusting inappropriate behavior, or maybe a difficult case due to lack of evidence and time passed. I think it’s an attitude of, hey this guy has done bad stuff and no one knows, and I think they should because he has gotten away with it and lived his life well and normally and it isn’t right. And it isn’t. Normalizing sexual assault and harassment isn’t good for anyone.

Then people will say that this is a public trial, these guys are innocent until proven guilty, blah blah. But two things here. One, look at OJ. Casey Anthony. George Zimmerman. All likely guilty but for whatever reasons, acquitted. Someone doesn’t have to be found guilty for people to know they have committed crimes or may be, in some sense, dangerous. Two, sexual assault is so rampant and common, and so many go unreported. If anyone knew how common it was they likely wouldn’t doubt many claims at all and insist that all are innocent until proven guilty. Yes, that’s true in the eyes of the law. You cannot be punished unless you have been found guilty. But innocent until proven guilty doesn’t mean the PUBLIC should just ignore the mountain of accusations against you and things you’ve apparently done. We shouldn’t ignorantly move on and forget just because these men haven’t been found guilty in a court of law of any or all of these claims.

Yes that is true about it being so for court however it has to be remembered on part of why people have so much doubt when a public accusation such as these are made. Duke Lacross, UVA, Mattress Girl, Kobe, etc all play a big part in why so many people doubt accusations like these. No those other ones did not have 50 or a million accusers but still. Another is that whenever a wealthy and also famous man is accused of this most/many people automatically wonder if the allegations have to do with getting money/shakedown.
You also have many patriotic people. Many who do believe in the justice system thru and thru and they are beholden to the tenets of the law so they approach almost EVERY serious allegation like these with that mindset.
Nothing bad about the public having their own opinions however, still, public opinion stands strong a certain way only so long hence all the names the other poster and myself mentioned. Plus when folks see that a person is still free and wealthy they'll believe the situations weren't true.

This type of behavior of sex crimes is heinous, no doubt to it, unfortunately this is something'system built'. And a part of that system are some women that go along with it. For their own benefit, whatever that is.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 PM

6,793 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Is there anyone here who is personally affiliated with this Louis CK guy or with those that are allegedly 'scarred' by his past actions? I'm just wondering since it seems that many posters either have a personal stake in this or have otherwise taken to obsessing over what is likely no more than tabloid trash.

I'm interested in what makes people tick and as to how the lives of celebrities can create such a jolt in one's own 'secular' world . . .

Old 11-20-2017, 05:48 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is there anyone here who is personally affiliated with this Louis CK guy or with those that are allegedly 'scarred' by his past actions? I'm just wondering since it seems that many posters either have a personal stake in this or have otherwise taken to obsessing over what is likely no more than tabloid trash.

I'm interested in what makes people tick and as to how the lives of celebrities can create such a jolt in one's own 'secular' world . . .
Are you personally affiliated with the posters who are commenting on Louis CK? I am just wondering since it seems that you have personal stake in how they comment on Louis CK.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:45 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:

Part of his act was joking about how women are treated by men and by society (his joke about how men are the number one threat to women went viral.) To find out that he was part of the threat is disappointing to many fans.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:28 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
Yes that is true about it being so for court however it has to be remembered on part of why people have so much doubt when a public accusation such as these are made. Duke Lacross, UVA, Mattress Girl, Kobe, etc all play a big part in why so many people doubt accusations like these. No those other ones did not have 50 or a million accusers but still. Another is that whenever a wealthy and also famous man is accused of this most/many people automatically wonder if the allegations have to do with getting money/shakedown.
You also have many patriotic people. Many who do believe in the justice system thru and thru and they are beholden to the tenets of the law so they approach almost EVERY serious allegation like these with that mindset.
Nothing bad about the public having their own opinions however, still, public opinion stands strong a certain way only so long hence all the names the other poster and myself mentioned. Plus when folks see that a person is still free and wealthy they'll believe the situations weren't true.

This type of behavior of sex crimes is heinous, no doubt to it, unfortunately this is something'system built'. And a part of that system are some women that go along with it. For their own benefit, whatever that is.
False allegations are rare. It doesn’t make sense to doubt any claims just because sometimes, people make false ones. Sexual assault, in its various forms, is rampant.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:19 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:

Because life imitates art. So many of us in the "secular world" have had the same type of experiences.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:11 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,753,340 times
And looks like Charlie Rose is next up...
CBS, PBS suspend Charlie Rose after sex harassment allegations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events