Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 01:45 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
I'm not trying any thing really. I'm trying to give this issue serious consideration.
what are you talking about?

what I'm supposed to automatically side with women because I have breast??

So if is not the same thing explain why its not because I totally admit I'm becoming cynical.
Wow, just wow. I will even address the 16 yr old with GW Bush. It's NOT innocent.

Here is her account:

Corrigan said she doesn’t see it that way.

“It completely floored me. I was actually there to be taken seriously, and I wasn’t,” she said. “I thought, he’s a career politician, almost 80 years old or something like that, if anybody’s going to take me a little bit seriously or at least try to pretend he’s interested in what I have to say, it would be this guy. And he didn’t. All he did was grab my butt.”

Sixth Woman Says George H.W. Bush Groped Her When She Was 16 | Time

This girl went with her mother to meet a former VP and was treated like a piece of meat. She's getting the message loud and clear at a young age that men don't take women seriously. Their butt is more interesting than their mind. That's all they have to offer.

Geez, who doesn't get that or thinks that it's just minor? The prior comments of "Oh, all men have done things like this" is a societal attitude that is giving permission and is what needs to change the most.

Last edited by motownnative; 11-13-2017 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
unfortunately that is a pretty common practice, you every notice when the police shoot and kill an unarmed Black men they will immediately publish any priors he had AND try to make an illegal drug connection.

Definitely stinks

So let me ask another question, is there a goal for all these allegations?? I don't know the culture in Hollywood but evidently it seems to be pretty persuasive? are they trying to get charges against these guys?

Hollywood has had this sickness for a looooong time. If you actually go back and research it, many men and women have tried to bring the problem to light, only to get blackballed, ruined, framed and even killed. Even if the statute of limitations has run out on many of these cases, I think the larger picture is bringing more attention to this problem.

I think it’s brave of these men and women who are coming forward. Not only are they risking their careers, but look at all the horrible things people are saying about them. Yes, there are people who lie or do it for money, but I guarantee not all of these allegations we are hearing are false.

Corey Feldman is a perfect example. He has spoken up about the pedophilia issue in Hollywood since the 90’s. People treat him like dirt, discredit him because of drug use, call him a hasbeen and crazy. As weird as I think he is, I believe him. He has been through too much in his life. He may not go about things the way others would, but he is sincere in his passion about taking down the Hollywood sickos.

This isn’t just a Hollywood issue. It runs rampant in the world across all industries. It needs to stop.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:57 PM

35,051 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I also wondered why we are being hit with this deluge of accusations NOW. It's as if thirty years of pent-up allegations are just pouring out.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:59 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,558,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Wow, just wow. I will even address the 16 yr old with GW Bush. It's NOT innocent.

Here is her account:

“It completely floored me. I was actually there to be taken seriously, and I wasn’t,” she said. “I thought, he’s a career politician, almost 80 years old or something like that, if anybody’s going to take me a little bit seriously or at least try to pretend he’s interested in what I have to say, it would be this guy. And he didn’t. All he did was grab my butt.”

This girl who went with her mother to meet a former VP and was treated like a piece of meat. She's getting the message loud and clear at a young age that men don't take women seriously. Their butt is more interesting than their mind. That's all they have to offer.

Geez, who doesn't get that or think that it's just minor? The prior comments of "Oh, all men have done things like this" is a societal attitude that is giving permission and is what needs to change the most.
What does Mr. Bush say about these allegations??

Old 11-13-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
What does Mr. Bush say about these allegations??
He apologized. He's not calling anyone a liar. (All the skeptics are on CD I guess ) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bu...0mu?li=BBnb7Kz

He is even saying he didn't mean harm and feels badly. This is why I am shocked people don't believe most of these stories. They are vetted for one thing.

We all know old pervy guys who think this IS innocent. There were reports too (don't have that link) that Barbara would watch him do it and just roll her eyes. Again, a typical beleaguered "wife" reaction. Clearly she doesn't like it but SHE WON'T SPEAK UP either.

This is why all this stuff is coming out. The things like this that aren't criminal is not to ruin someone IMO, but to say, "It's not OK and it hurt me".

Old 11-13-2017, 02:14 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post

Here is her account:

This girl who went with her mother to meet a former VP and was treated like a piece of meat. She's getting the message loud and clear at a young age that men don't take women seriously. Their butt is more interesting than their mind. That's all they have to offer.

Geez, who doesn't get that or think that it's just minor? The prior comments of "Oh, all men have done things like this" is a societal attitude that is giving permission and is what needs to change the most.
That's about the age it starts, sometimes a few years younger. They don't see a teenage girl as a child, they see a blossoming young woman ripe for the touching. As soon as you start developing a figure, it's on.
Same thing happened to me as a teen standing next to mature man for a photo and he moved his hand up and down my butt. What a bunch of opportunists these gropers are, they don't miss any chance to grab.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
that's about the age it starts, sometimes a few years younger. They don't see a teenage girl as a child, they see a blossoming young woman ripe for the touching. As soon as you start developing a figure, it's on.
Same thing happened to me as a teen standing next to mature man for a photo and he moved his hand up and down my butt. What a bunch of opportunists these gropers are, they don't miss any chance to grab.
spot on

Old 11-13-2017, 02:40 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
There are tons of videos on youtube about Joe Biden doing this during photo ops. He touches all the girls, some 6,7,8 years old. Google it. It's nothing new. Politics is as bad or even worse than hollywood when it comes to pedophiles.

Remember those stories about young boys in the White house in the late 1980s? Investigate the Franklin Cover-up. It will shock you if you have no knowledge about it. Like, have nightmares, shock you. It was true. But people shook their heads, nah, it can't be true!! Why, they're upstanding politicians!!! They wouldn't do that.

Riiiight. Sick sick sick. Kathy O'Brien writes all about it in Transformation.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:44 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
This Kathy O'Brien? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_...racy_theorist))

I'll pass.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:51 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There are tons of videos on youtube about Joe Biden doing this during photo ops. He touches all the girls, some 6,7,8 years old. Google it. It's nothing new. Politics is as bad or even worse than hollywood when it comes to pedophiles.

Remember those stories about young boys in the White house in the late 1980s? Investigate the Franklin Cover-up. It will shock you if you have no knowledge about it. Like, have nightmares, shock you. It was true. But people shook their heads, nah, it can't be true!! Why, they're upstanding politicians!!! They wouldn't do that.

And if I remember correctly, they discredited a handful of accusers by bringing up stuff from their past. Weren’t some of the accusers even charged with crimes during the investigation. If I remember correctly, one person even mysteriously disappeared after coming forward with abuse allegations.

This is our government doing this. Sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events