Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 04:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Its a bruise, which makes it look much worse then it actually is.

Not saying that its not a bad experience for this woman, but its not anything I would consider a "really bad injury". Considering she claims it was a big dog, things could have been much worse. She is lucky that the dog just nipped at her, and didn't tear at her leg like she is claiming.
The picture looks to me like there are several tooth puncture marks within that bruise on her leg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 07:36 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,583,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Lady was standing in the line at a Jetblue check in when the dog bit her. You can put 2 and 2 together. Unless the dog was out of his leash and was just running out of control all over the terminal.
It wasn't JetBlue's terminal, it was a JetBlue passenger that was bite, the dog was not with another JetBlue passenger, JetBlue was not responsible for the dog's actions

Quote:
Cowboy hero tactics?? It's called police work. Passenger probably took a taxi or had a friend drop him off at the airport. If he took public transportation then it might be a little trickier. I am guessing you want the owner and doggy to be free of responsibility.
Police work, not airline ticket counter employee work. It's still a bit of Hollywood in your head running down someone and grabbing their plates but whatever you've built your own story already

Old 11-15-2017, 10:45 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Once a biter always a biter. Pitbull needs to be put down or be placed with a responsible dog owner.<>
There is an interesting case I was following about a dog that the police had confiscated as an illegal pit bull based on a neighbor's complaint. Turns out the police used the classic "I know a pit bull when I see one." claim. DNA proved the dog was not a prohibited species.
My point, and I did have one, is how did they know this was a pitbull based on the very brief encounter. Mr. Ryu, all we know is what we read, but how does the victim know this was a pitty? We have no DNA or even pictures, eh?
This is one of those stories where we never find out the final outcome.

My favorite reference site, wiki, has this to say (emphasis added):
"The term pit bull is often used loosely to describe dogs with similar physical
characteristics, and the morphological (physical) variation amongst "bully breed" dogs
makes it difficult for anyone, even experts, to visually identify them as distinct from "non-pit bulls".
While mixed breed dogs are often labeled as "pit bulls"
if they have certain physical characteristics such as a square shaped head
or bulky body type, visual identification of mixed breed dogs
is not recommended by the scholarly community."
My stepson has a marvelous American bulldog that is sweet and gentle but if he barked at you, you'd soil your diapers. Never even gummed anybody, much less bit a visitor.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:50 PM

439 posts, read 345,582 times
I've never flown before but what in Hades is an animal doing in an airport anyhow? I hope she was breaking the rules

Old 11-16-2017, 04:05 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You saw a photo that she wanted you to see. No bandages. No torn clothing. Nothing. Other than that where is there actual proof that it happened the way she said it happened?

And fwiw if I were travelling (or shipping) with my dog it would be in a Sherpa bag or a crate with a health certificate from my vet.
You require torn clothes and bandages, which covered the wound? Me, I think a shot of the wound that is not covered by bandages gives a pretty clear picture of how bad the wound was. And it was bad.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:57 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If the dog was cleared to fly, it had all its shots and was cleared by a vet. She just wants to sue the owner.
Correct me, but I don't believe such requirements are needed for so called comfort animals.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:08 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You require torn clothes and bandages, which covered the wound? Me, I think a shot of the wound that is not covered by bandages gives a pretty clear picture of how bad the wound was. And it was bad.
Which is zero proof of it happening in the way it happened. Not one photo and not one one filming of the situation occurring from anyone has shown up as of yet. In the social media world we live in now the probability of it happening in the way she portrayed it is reaching zero.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:11 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Correct me, but I don't believe such requirements are needed for so called comfort animals.
A health certificate is a passport for a animal. Without one it ends up in quarantine at it's destination.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:34 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A health certificate is a passport for a animal. Without one it ends up in quarantine at it's destination.
Unless she was flying to another country, no certificate is required. Though I tend to regard skepticism as sensible in many of these social media cases, you rejecting this woman was bit is strange.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,431,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Depends on the airline. Some of the big airlines do require proof of vaccinations for all animals, Jet Blue apparently does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events