Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,051,978 times

Advertisements

Jet Blue said they would pay her medical bills from what I understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 05:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,312,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That assumes that he was a passenger. He could have been dropping someone off. I've seen people bring their dogs to the airport to pick up passengers, so I guess it's possible that someone would bring their dog along to drop off.

(Side note, I saw a woman a few weeks ago at arrivals at RDU ... she had a dog on a leash, and it was clear by the signs and ballons in her group she was picking up a military significant other. When he came down the escalator, the dog went CRAZY with excitement. Jumping up on him, barking and even kind of "crying." It was really a sweet moment (I admit, I got choked up), but I couldn't help but wonder why that couldn't have happened at home.)
Why are dogs who are not booked on a flight allowed in the airport? A dog out of control with excitement can knock someone down, cause a fall and possibly inflict serious injury.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:43 PM

18,494 posts, read 7,252,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Looks like someone wants easy money.
Remember, dogs are good judges of character.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:08 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,467,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If the dog was cleared to fly, it had all its shots and was cleared by a vet. She just wants to sue the owner.
'cleared to fly'?

It's a dog. It's not piloting the aircraft or going into space.

The only way to reliably 'clear' an animal of rabies is to take post-mortem brain samples.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 PM

13,627 posts, read 12,247,401 times
The chances of actually getting rabies from a dog are slim and nil...

But, I do want to know where this dog went after the bite? Was it flying as checked luggage? Flying as an ESA? Just there to see mom off?

Old 11-13-2017, 08:05 PM

16,341 posts, read 12,294,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Why are dogs who are not booked on a flight allowed in the airport? A dog out of control with excitement can knock someone down, cause a fall and possibly inflict serious injury.
I don't disagree. I also don't make or enforce the rules.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,312,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I don't disagree. I also don't make or enforce the rules.

Some lawsuits against airports and individual dog owners could change the rule that lets dogs in the facility.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:28 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,073,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
JetBlue passenger bit by dog at Orlando airport says airline isn't helping identify the owner | Fox News

Brittany Langlois told Fox 25 Boston that she was bit by a fellow passenger’s dog while waiting to check in for her flight. However, she says she’s having no luck tracking down the animal’s owner after JetBlue employees scuttled the other passenger from the line — leaving Langlois uncertain of whether or not to seek treatment for rabies.

IMO, this is a bad strategy if she is seriously concerned about a rabies infection.

Langlois claims the rabies shots are "very painful" -- they're not. I've had them. The whole treatment is expensive, though, if you don't have medical insurance to cover it. I think mine came in at just over $2,200.

Secondly, her time to get them -- if it's contingent on the dog testing positive for rabies -- has already run out, since standard procedure is to isolate the animal for 10 days to monitor it for signs of disease.

And is Jet Blue really liable for what some passenger's animal did?
Blaming the victim? I certainly think it is the responsibility of the airline to do what is right in mitigating this situation.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:35 AM

10,819 posts, read 7,187,915 times
I can see where the victim would want to make sure the dog doesn't have rabies, PLUS, get the dog on the bite list. If it doesn't get reported, the dog can bite again and again.

But I think JetBlue would be out of line to give a passenger's information. That passenger could sue.

Call the cops, let them track down the dog.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,523,320 times
This is ridiculous. If you can't control your dog, keep your dog at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events