Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 12:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,476,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
<>Get the license plate and have Animal Control seize and destroy the dog.
Destroyed? Based on what? Florida dog laws? Cite?
Oddly enough, dogs and owners are entitled to due process. This is a civil matter, not a death penalty issue.
Yeh, I know, some people hate and fear dogs. Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 01:12 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,021,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Where did you get this was a Jet Blue terminal? It seems like a lot of terminals many airlines operate out of the same area. You can chill with your cowboy hero tactics of running down a license plate
Lady was standing in the line at a Jetblue check in when the dog bit her. You can put 2 and 2 together. Unless the dog was out of his leash and was just running out of control all over the terminal.

Cowboy hero tactics?? It's called police work. Passenger probably took a taxi or had a friend drop him off at the airport. If he took public transportation then it might be a little trickier. I am guessing you want the owner and doggy to be free of responsibility.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Oddly enough, dogs and owners are entitled to due process. This is a civil matter, not a death penalty issue.
Once a biter always a biter. Pitbull needs to be put down or be placed with a responsible dog owner. If this pit bit you or your child i bet you would be singing a different tune....

Brittany Langlois was standing in the check in line for JetBlue at the Orlando Airport before her flight back home when a pit bull tore at her leg

Woman says she was bitten by emotional support dog in JetBlue check-in line

Old 11-15-2017, 01:30 PM

15,243 posts, read 8,850,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Yes, some people dislike or fear dogs. Especially people who have been bitten by them, and they have rights too. Keep your dogs at home. They don't belong on airlines. Because if your dog bites somebody it need to be put down. No exceptions.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:45 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,946,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, some people dislike or fear dogs. Especially people who have been bitten by them, and they have rights too. Keep your dogs at home. They don't belong on airlines. Because if your dog bites somebody it need to be put down. No exceptions.
When I was a child, I was attacked by a German Shepherd. It left a gash in my back which required many stitches. Here we are 35 years later and I still have a scar reminding me of that attack which I remember like it was yesterday. I also remember being deathly afraid of dogs growing up. I wanted nothing to do with them because I was afraid of being attacked again. As I got older, this fear went away, but for many years, I would run away if I saw someone walking their dog down the street. So, I'm with you. I'm a firm believer that people should leave their pets at home outside of normal walks or regular places where dogs are allowed such as trails. Your dog should not be in a store, it should not be out at a restaurant with you, and it definitely should not be at an airport unless it was in a crate. This is of course outside of PROPER certified service animals and I'm not talking about the bullcrap comfort animal that people have. If you need comfort from your chihuahua to fly on a plane, stay home or get over it.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:52 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,943,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Brittany Langlois was standing in the check in line for JetBlue at the Orlando Airport before her flight back home when a pit bull tore at her leg

Woman says she was bitten by emotional support dog in JetBlue check-in line
Tore at her leg? That's being a bit dramatic. The pictures look more like a quick nip. If the dog was a pitbull, a dog of that size would have done a lot more damage to her leg.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,831,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Tore at her leg? That's being a bit dramatic. The pictures look more like a quick nip. If the dog was a pitbull, a dog of that size would have done a lot more damage to her leg.
That second story was really looking to beef up the drama...

Old 11-15-2017, 02:07 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,623,585 times
With all the news over the past few days, there has not been one video from a person or the airport itself that it actually happened. Let's take it further as there hasn't even been a witness who has stepped forward. All we have is "Woman claims she was bitten by dog while boarding JetBlue flight". All we have is a claim by Brittany Langlois and that's it. She didn't even miss her flight. JetBlue as a courtesy has stepped up without any proof to cover the shots if she wants them.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I didn't write the story, hun! Would you be with a quick nip on your leg or child's leg?

Old 11-15-2017, 02:09 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
That second story was really looking to beef up the drama...
It's all looking to be hyped up fake news drama at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events