Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 02:57 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Even if he is killing a pedophile what they did in a way was premeditated murder. They went to the pervs house to beat him up and they went too far.
Now if the perv was caught in the act and the guy flipped out and beat him to death that would have been a different story.

It is much like if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them dead. it is your word that the guy was trying to attack you and you had to defend yourself BUT if the robber was leaving your house and you shot him in the back.. guess who is going to prison even though the robber was responsible for breaking in you still have to have restraint.

I think the guy that killed the pedophile will have regrets when that prison door closes on him.
Not really, his time in prison may be uneventful, having worked for the prison system for a short time I can tell you that pedophiles have a hard time in prison, as many people in prison have kids on the outside that they can't protect so when a pedo gets in prison it like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog.

And those who go to prison for killing a pedophile seem to get a pass among the other inmates so as long as this boy keeps to himself he will be left alone just because of how he got there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2017, 03:05 PM

919 posts, read 608,755 times
A friends cousin had been repeatedly abused by a 'family friend' for many years since she was around 5yo.
At 14yo the girl found the courage to tell an adult. When the uncle found out he wanted to flog the abuser but the police assured him that the courts take these matters very seriously.

Not seriously enough. When the rapist pedophile got a slap on the wrist & was back on the streets, the uncle knew that his niece was still in danger. Not knowing any other way to protect her, he confronted the abuser to warn him away. The pedophile laughed in his face & said that no piece of paper (AVO) could keep him away from what he considered to be his.
The uncle saw red, went to his car to retrieve a baseball bat, beat the pedophile to death & then rang the police & waited with the corpse until they arrived.

He made a full admission. The police prosecutor must have been somewhat sympathetic & charged him with 'Involuntary manslaughter' rather than murder (In this situation it was considered a crime of passion rather than premeditated murder. Had he confronted the pedophile with bat in hand, the charge would most likely have been for murder)
In court he testified that although he regretted being put in that position, it was the only way that he knew how to protect his niece & would do the same given the same circumstances.
He was sentenced to 5 years prison & was out on parole in 3. His fellow prisoners considered him a legend & he did easy time.

As far as I'm concerned, the uncle should've been rewarded for doing a community service.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 PM

7,642 posts, read 4,588,321 times
Too bad I couldn't have been on that jury. That guy would be on probation with a strict warning to not (get caught) kill any more pedophiles.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:40 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Our legal system sucks.
That's putting it lightly. We don't care what happened, we just want to see you behind bars. Don't like it? Too bad!

We arrest and jail people for doing the most simplest of things, the law is against the citizens of this country. I hope it changes over time, most of these people in jail today deserve the freedom that the rest of us have.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:31 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
The law is changing here as it has been found the legal fees should be waved for low income minorities and juveniles for things like ankle bracelets or car impound fees...

The study concluded it was unusually harsh on people of color so therefore the change.

https://ebclc.org/in-the-news/ac-fir...peal-juv-fees/

Old 12-16-2017, 07:27 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,657,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
While some may feel the molester got what he deserved (myself included), he was still a victim of a serious crime. The couple who took his life need to pay the price for what they did, but not because of any sympathy for the victim. We all have to live by our laws and the outcomes of our sometimes flawed legal system. For the good of everyone we cannot have vigilante/vengeance type justice. To do otherwise would put all of us at risk for wrongful accusations & punishment. Anyone wanting give lenience to these two should think again.
If the court could give a lenient sentence (5 years probation) to the guy who repeatedly raped a child, then why not give lenient sentences to these two? Expecting citizens to live by our laws means that they should expect fair and equal treatment under the law, and watching one's rapist go free is not fair treatment for his victim. "What's good for the goose is good for the gander."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
That's putting it lightly. We don't care what happened, we just want to see you behind bars. Don't like it? Too bad!

We arrest and jail people for doing the most simplest of things, the law is against the citizens of this country. I hope it changes over time, most of these people in jail today deserve the freedom that the rest of us have.
I'm not sure how this even applies here, as the cause of this whole sorry incident is NOT jailing a repeat pedophile.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:34 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,603,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Man faces life in prison for killing girlfriend's molester, says he's 'not sorry' | Fox News

"I feel a lot better. It's not regret. Is it remorse? I'm not sorry for what I did,” he said, according to the report.

The girl, 20 years old and pregnant, helped kill the guy, too.

Stupid is as stupid does....

Old 12-17-2017, 06:08 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,790,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
A friends cousin had been repeatedly abused by a 'family friend' for many years since she was around 5yo.
At 14yo the girl found the courage to tell an adult. When the uncle found out he wanted to flog the abuser but the police assured him that the courts take these matters very seriously.

Not seriously enough. When the rapist pedophile got a slap on the wrist & was back on the streets, the uncle knew that his niece was still in danger. Not knowing any other way to protect her, he confronted the abuser to warn him away. The pedophile laughed in his face & said that no piece of paper (AVO) could keep him away from what he considered to be his.
The uncle saw red, went to his car to retrieve a baseball bat, beat the pedophile to death & then rang the police & waited with the corpse until they arrived.

He made a full admission. The police prosecutor must have been somewhat sympathetic & charged him with 'Involuntary manslaughter' rather than murder (In this situation it was considered a crime of passion rather than premeditated murder. Had he confronted the pedophile with bat in hand, the charge would most likely have been for murder)
In court he testified that although he regretted being put in that position, it was the only way that he knew how to protect his niece & would do the same given the same circumstances.
He was sentenced to 5 years prison & was out on parole in 3. His fellow prisoners considered him a legend & he did easy time.

As far as I'm concerned, the uncle should've been rewarded for doing a community service.
Is there ever a case where justice was administered to the perv the first time around? If the court had given him justice, the uncle would never have been put into the position where he had to administer it himself.

What is wrong with the system? (I can't bring myself to use justice in connection with it.) How did it ever get to the point where criminals walk free and laugh at their victims, leaving them with no recourse but to do justice themselves?

Old 12-17-2017, 08:08 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,231,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I bet he wont feel this way after a few years in prison, and knowing he has many more years to go.

Or if by luck he gets a short sentence and is still fairly young when he is released, he will then be a convicted murderer, people wont know or care why he killed another person, only that he was guilty of murder, he will have to constantly explain this to landlords, employers, etc.

Peoples attention span is very short, while lots of people may support what he did right now, its very unlikely they will feel the same way once he is released and labelled a convicted murderer.

Still doesn't mean he didn't do the right thing. Hey.... when the law won't do it's job... vigilantism is the result. People shouldn't have to put up with scoff laws, thugs and monsters when they're the citizens of a government with a 3 trillion dollar a year budget.

If the government doesn't shape up, it might find itself the next target of "vigilantees". The people won't put up with decay and corruption forever.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:11 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
The title of this thread is makes no sense. Why should the man who killed the monster feel sorry? From all I have read his intent was not to kill but even if it was he has nothing to be sorry for. Nobody is sorry for taking out the garbage nor should they be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events