Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 05:39 PM

11,164 posts, read 15,954,739 times

Advertisements

The rule has already been rescinded by the HOA so everybody here can all calm down and go find something else to be outraged about.

Auburn, California community can close its garage doors again | The Sacramento Bee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 05:46 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,738,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
The rule has already been rescinded by the HOA so everybody here can all calm down and go find something else to be outraged about.

Auburn, California community can close its garage doors again | The Sacramento Bee
Well, they changed it due to outrage. The fact these idiots even thought of doing this, and the ridiculous fine amount for not complying, deserves all the outrage it can get.

The numerous idiotic HOA stories that pop-up across the US every year is rather telling regarding how people really act when given power with little constraint.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,789,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Fershur.

I'd say KMA, the door is a security measure, see you in court.

Oh yeah, we'll sue you for court costs too, then disband the HOA BoD and put in people with actual functioning brains.
What has not been clarified in the news stories or conversations is who, exactly, decreed that the doors should remain open. Was it the management company, the HOA Board of Directors or was it done by vote of the entire membership? It also has not been stated what the bylaws state regarding what is the requirement for the institution of such a regulation.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:55 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,056,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Well, they changed it due to outrage. The fact these idiots even thought of doing this, and the ridiculous fine amount for not complying, deserves all the outrage it can get.

The numerous idiotic HOA stories that pop-up across the US every year is rather telling regarding how people really act when given power with little constraint.
Exactly.....if everyone had been sheep (as apparently the poster you responded to implied) and not expressed outrage but submitted to the idiot HOA ridiculous rule then not only would it NOT have been changed but those power hungry morons would come up with more foolish rules under the guise of "protecting people from themselves".

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it" - William Pitt

Old 01-09-2018, 06:14 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,925,853 times
Screw HOAs, I would never live within one. Luckily they're not at all common in my area. They're common for condos and townhomes, but far less common for single family home neighborhoods.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 PM

7,058 posts, read 8,893,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
IMHO anyone who buys a house in an HOA is flippin' nuts.
Most of the new subdivisions in my area are HOA developments but the people who live in them are pompous gas bags who deserve tyranny.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:37 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,643,950 times
8am-4pm? If someone was living there, wouldn't you want to "check" during night-time hours....you know....when people are actually sleeping?

Anyways, I wish they would tell me to open my garage. I would open a foot in their ass.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM

59 posts, read 43,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
It's increasing my, no HOA, home value.
Homes without HOAs in my part of the state are in demand and selling for a higher value than the HOA burdened homes. Realtors advertise "No HOA" as a selling point in their ads.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:08 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,748,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Jason is nervous.

The 9-year-old from the Auburn Greens community in Auburn, California, told Fox40 that he worries someone might steal some of his favorite possessions.

His anxiety stems from a new rule created by his community’s homeowners association that mandates residents to keep their garage doors open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays — or face a $200 fine.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea because they are going to steal my bike,” he told Fox 40. “I’ve got an electric scooter, I've got an electric wheelchair, I’ve got all kinds of stuff. So, I just don’t think it’s very good to have it open.”

California HOA mandates residents keep garage doors open, or pay $200 fine | Miami Herald
Another reason that when you find the house of your dreams in an HOA to run from the nightmare!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:20 PM

19,110 posts, read 16,942,804 times
Had it not been rescinded then the HOA Board probably would have started issuing fines for the garage not being neat & orderly IAW their bylaws.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events