Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 07:07 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,073,523 times

Advertisements

FAKE NEWS!

It's not a BK. It's a KFC. and they ENCOURAGE that kind of behavior.

Also, the Bucket isn't even that big... their larger soft drink is 44 oz.

You need it. All that sodium. Damn. Fill up two buckets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 07:17 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,311,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Me too. If it is free they wouldn't care if someone had taken a bath in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Very stable genius.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
Maybe he's filling up his bucket with water for his dog outside in the car? "Clear soft drink" could be water. And maybe he asked the counter person if it was OK first?

A lot of assumptions based on a single photograph are being made here.

People should put their cell phone cameras away and MTOB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES67 View Post
My guess is that his car overheated and he was filling the KFC bucket with water for the radiator. This of course during a road trip that included a meal at KFC.
More assumptions > homeless

Old 01-11-2018, 10:28 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,871,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNot4Me View Post
Maybe he's filling up his bucket with water for his dog outside in the car? "Clear soft drink" could be water. And maybe he asked the counter person if it was OK first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
He could be filling it up with water for his dog. I would totally give a customer a bucket like that if they asked to fill it up with water for their pet
Quote:
My guess is that his car overheated and he was filling the KFC bucket with water for the radiator.
If what you guys are saying is true, then why couldn't the customer will the bucket with water from the bathroom faucet? Tap water in the US is safe to drink for people (Flint, MI nonewithstanding), so it's equally safe for dogs. And car radiators should be filled with distilled water, if coolant fluid isn't available. In which case, there's no benefit in using a soda fountain instead of a bathroom faucet, because neither of these waters is distilled. (Although in a pinch, tap water is better than letting the radiator run dry.)

Something smells fishy, and it's not the oil in the fryers. This story is pretty damn weird!

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 01-11-2018 at 10:53 PM..

Old 01-11-2018, 11:33 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,525,135 times
Was there any chicken & mashed potatoes in the bucket when he added the soda? Maybe it’s a tasty new treat...potato/chicken Pepsi!

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 01-11-2018 at 11:57 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 09:27 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
If what you guys are saying is true, then why couldn't the customer will the bucket with water from the bathroom faucet? Tap water in the US is safe to drink for people (Flint, MI nonewithstanding), so it's equally safe for dogs. And car radiators should be filled with distilled water, if coolant fluid isn't available. In which case, there's no benefit in using a soda fountain instead of a bathroom faucet, because neither of these waters is distilled. (Although in a pinch, tap water is better than letting the radiator run dry.)

Something smells fishy, and it's not the oil in the fryers. This story is pretty damn weird!
I travel with my small dog. I'll ask for a glass of ice water. I don't fill it up in the bathroom. I get it from the people at the counter or at the soda machine. Sometimes they will provide a small bowl instead of a glass, but I don't think I've ever hand me something the size of a quart or larger. My dog is pretty spoiled. He won't drink water from the tap if that's not what I'm drinking. Lol! He likes his water cold from a bottle or with ice cubes. He will drink out of a cup.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:18 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post

I had thought it might be water from the beginning and it makes total sense to me that someone would fill it up at the fountain. It's easier than having to deal with opening a bathroom door while carrying a full container of water plus trying to fit a large container under the faucet of a small sink isn't going to work very well either.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
He could be filling it up with water for his dog. I would totally give a customer a bucket like that if they asked to fill it up with water for their pet
Quote:
My guess is that his car overheated and he was filling the KFC bucket with water for the radiator. This of course during a road trip that included a meal at KFC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I had thought it might be water from the beginning and it makes total sense to me that someone would fill it up at the fountain. It's easier than having to deal with opening a bathroom door while carrying a full container of water plus trying to fit a large container under the faucet of a small sink isn't going to work very well either.
If you click on the link in the OP, there is a picture of the guy filling up his bucket. He is filling it up with Sierra Mist, not water.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:35 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Example, if someone comes in and buys $20 in gas and steals a fountain drink, or refills a super large cup/ bucket, no actual theft occurred, the markup on the fuel alone makes up the difference.
Unless they paid for that fountain drink, yes it is theft. Buying something else doesn't entitle you to also take anything else you want from a business.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:10 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,344,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These places are not loosing any money due to soda refills! LOL The retail markup on soda, especially fountain drinks is absolutely crazy high.

No question about that, but if you are filling up without making a purchase, that is theft.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:11 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Unless they paid for that fountain drink, yes it is theft. Buying something else doesn't entitle you to also take anything else you want from a business.
I've seen people go into a local Burger King, when I lived in Arizona, and either order some food without a drink or not even order anything at all, and just walk over to the soda machine and use their "Polar Pop" cup from Circle K and fill it up with soda. Saw it numerous times and never once did the staff/manager say a word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events