Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 03:50 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
Chaining dogs is illegal in several states, and rightfully so. How would you like to be chained up?
Some dogs need to be chained. When I was in Alaska we had a dog that we initially let in the house, but ultimately we chained him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 04:02 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
Some dogs need to be chained. When I was in Alaska we had a dog that we initially let in the house, but ultimately we chained him.
Why?

Old 02-05-2018, 04:33 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Sounds like HighFlyingBird was just feeling bad for saying this

HighFlyingBird is just being honest....but then felt kind of bad about being so harsh (in hoping someone was in a ton of pain for stealing something.)

Ok, I think I'm the only one that gets what HFB was saying. lol.

I don't want to see anyone in pain. However, my previous post with the flipped turtle image is something I'm still laughing about and I don't feel bad at all. I wish it would have happened that way.
No, I felt it too. And I did laugh out loud at the video. It also amused me when I read that she showed up in court in a wheelchair. It all just seems so Keystone Kops or Wile E. Coyote or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNewMe View Post
I was shocked that after all that went wrong, after carrying his injured accomplice back to the car, the driver felt cavalier enough to come back to finish stealing those the packages!!

That last fact put a major damper on the "karma" idea, to me!
At first I thought, Well, aren't you even going to make it worthwhile and go back and get the packages?

And then when he did, I thought, Really? After all that, you're still going to go back and get the packages?

lol

Old 02-12-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Why?
Because he was too wild for indoors and our land was too big for a fence. It was cheaper and easier to keep him on a chain.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:38 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Anyone else find it strange that many of these "porch pirates" caught on camera are women?
In this case, the guy was the get-away driver and had the woman run up to get the items. That way, if the woman gets identified, the driver can remain anonymous. What a prince!

Old 02-18-2018, 03:47 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,431 times
Quote:
Because he was too wild for indoors and our land was too big for a fence. It was cheaper and easier to keep him on a chain.
Why would you have to fence all of your land? We fenced off a portion when we had dogs. And dogs can be trained to behave indoors.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I found it interesting that her attorney tried to rationalize (excuse?) her actions:

Quote from article (my italics): "An attorney told Judge Howard on Wednesday that the woman is struggling with homelessness, is on a disability, and has 3 children that she tries to support when she can. The woman's mother is currently caring for the kids in Seattle, the attorney said."

So, does she, her boyfriend, and her attorney consider that a valid reason for stealing, even if she/they did not know that the package(s) contained meds?! I am just shaking my head at the idea that ANY decent person would think so.
For a disabled person, she didn't have any problem running from the car to get the packages. Now the taxpayer has to cover her medical bills and we are supposed to feel sorry for her?

These sob stories don't cut it.....there's plenty of help out there without having to rip off your fellow Americans. Especially since one of the packages contained medicine the person who PAID for it needed it for their health.

No sympathy for these slime-ball thieves at ALL.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
If your dog is "too wild" for the house, you are not doing the proper job in training him. Leaving a dog outside on a chain - in Alaska, no less - is incredibly cruel to an animal who needs to be part of his pack.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Why would you have to fence all of your land? We fenced off a portion when we had dogs. And dogs can be trained to behave indoors.
For one we we renting one house and at the house we bought there was really not any place to build a fence.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If your dog is "too wild" for the house, you are not doing the proper job in training him. Leaving a dog outside on a chain - in Alaska, no less - is incredibly cruel to an animal who needs to be part of his pack.
He was a husky. We provided for him to make he had a warm winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events